What's new

Cop Rock: The Complete Series - May 17, 2016 (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Wow. That show was such a failure back in the day, I thought it would be buried in the vaults forever. Cool news for the fans. With the success of musical shows like Glee and Smash, perhaps Cop Rock was just ahead of its time. :)

Last edited:

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I work for a computer vendor that is developing software for the NYPD and I can assure you this show is 100% accurate. They bust into improvised musical numbers every few minutes there.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Cop Rock--there's one I never thought I'd see again. I was actually an extra in one episode--the scene where they go to the female mud wrestling contest. That was 1990...

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Like Ethan, I never thought this show would come out. Hope that makes all the fans happy.

James

topanga

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Felicia
If Shout Factory can release Cop Rock, then I wish they would release another Steven Bochco short-lived failed series - Bay City Blues.

More importantly, I wish Shout Factory would give us more L.A. Law. We got the first 3 seasons rather quickly and then nothing. I wish they would at least give us the next three seasons.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Finally picked this up.

Picture quality is pretty nice. Better than the usual 80s shows, decent for 1990 videotape (I presume).

The show itself... gloriously bad. I made it through the pilot so far. It's every cop show cliche and stereotype punctuated by songs every 10 minutes.

Though that "Lullabye" from the end of the pilot was pretty good... must have been a Randy Newman song.

Onward to episode 2... because it's tough to stop watching a trainwreck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks