What's new

Cooling for Theater Room. (1 Viewer)

revel51

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Kline
Hi. I have heavy swampy heat during the summer. The guy who built my theater room setup recommended I get a Portable Air Conditioner. I was wondering what options you guys think are good and what I should look into. I'm open to whatever. Hands on experience prefered, thanks. ~300 Sq foot theater room. One "doubled window like this [ ][ ] Room is above Garage! Single story house. Stairs go to a finished bonus above garage. Strong HVAC but upstairs is a good 10-20 degrees warmer no matter what I try, especially if i close everything up and watch movies etc.. I would prefer to keep my HVAC normal/low and then have the theater room "catch up" than to crank up the HVAC in the house and have it be freezing in the 1700 sq ft house and fine in the 300 sqft theater room. Hot Swampy North Carolina Summers.... :) Thanks!!!

Beetroot

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
My company has a mobile operating room built in the back of a semi trailer. It has roof mounted a/c units but those can't always keep it cool enough when it's 115 in Phoenix. We have been using an LG portable a/c unit to supplement the 4 roof mounted units. The thing is wonderful. It blasts out extremely cold air and is almost completely silent. It looks pretty slick too, and the remote is convenient. It has a hose to vent hot air which can be permanently mounted to blow outside, like a dryer vent. Our unit is 11,000 btu, LG model LP1111WXR. http://www.homedepot.com/buy/building-materials-heating-venting-cooling-air-conditioners-fans-air-conditioners-portable/lg-electronics-11-000-btu-portable-air-conditioner-with-remote-140264.html I'm setting up a home theater in a detached studio behind my house, and I'm planning to put one of these in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks