What's new

Chuck season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Losing interest fast. This could be a half-hour show for all that happens. Also, no repercussions for having crashed the Nerd Herd mobile in the premiere, so it's one of those shows without consequences, a show with only as much plot as needed to get by. I am kind of interested to see how the show will evolve, since they can't simply play on the CIA vs NSA rivalry in every episode. It seems like there's nowhere for the story to go, so I am kind of interested to see where they'll take it. I'll give it a C+. (Journeyman: A+, Bionic Woman B+, Heroes Season 2: B+, Chuck C+).

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I'll be sticking around a little longer. Just to see Sarah make gourmet weiners and maybe she and Chuck's sister may just get a little "closer"

:)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
He doesn't know everything; he knows all the DNI's secrets. Further, he was imbedded with facts, not new skills.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Pretty good second episode. Is the Nerd Herd car electric? It sounds funny.

Also, did anyone else get a belly laugh at the Arby's commercial with the chimps doing a riverdance? For some reason that got me really laughing.
If the commercials were like this, I would watch them instead of FF.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Getting zapped put facts in his brain, not skills, and even those aren't exactly accessed when Chuck wants them.

Nick

Second Unit

I like the show. The guy that play Chuck was very good. His friend kind of got on my nerve though. The one that play Sarah kind of look like Julia Stiles.
I'm glad that the Former Firefly cast finally got their own TV shows.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Hopefully, this show is doing well in the ratings. Mondays have gotten a lot better.

I was glad to see John push Morgan to the floor. His feelings pretty much summed up how most here, feel about Morgan. :)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Although the show is predictable, it's a lot of fun to watch. Except for Morgan, who is not so much funny as obnoxious and trying to be funny. I think they need to make him more bizarre/reclusive (like when he was at the store late at night, alone in the home theater room.. oh wait, that's us.

Adam Baldwin's character is great.

I heard the Oceanic flight info and it rang a bell, but I couldn't place why it sounded so damned familiar. Thanks for clarifying guys, what a great in-joke.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's third in the timeslot behind "Dancing with the Stars" (ABC) and "How I Met Your Mother"/"The Big Bang Theory" (CBS). It dropped about 11% week-to-week from its premiere.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I enjoy the show. Kind of fun to see what trouble he gets himself into. The fight between the two agents was great, especially Sarah's legs up in the air all over the place. Couple of funny points, the kids staring at Sarah bent over doing her work, then the one kid comes in and takes a phone picture was pretty funny, then Chuck sister's boyfriends comment, "cool make up sex" when Sarah roughed him up in the bathroom was pretty funny. I hope the show stays for a while, I can do dishes while watching it to get ready for Heroes.

UngersPride

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad
This show is losing me fast.

From a very promising first episode it has now literally spun out of control.

The comedy is now simply over the top; too much too fast; no subtlety; characters have become cardboard cutouts.

Second episode: soufflé and roast beef for lunch?? Are the writers kidding me? They're wearing jeans and T shirts and Chuck makes $11.00/hr....

I predict this show won't last long....

Too bad - great idea - poor execution.....

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It was dinner, pot roast, and Sarah made the soufflé. (Although they don't travel that well, do they?) And the sister and Captain Awesome are doctors.

Helicopter scene had no tension and was kinda stupid.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I enjoyed this second episode.

A little zanny and not to be taken seriously.

It's just good fun. But I do agree that the helicopter scene was the weakest part.

Sarah looked hot in the Weinerlicious outfit.

The best thing about this epsiode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In the final scene of the episode, I thought it was funny how they made Sarah wear a weinerlicious outfit with a lowcut neckline to show off her boobs, and then she turns around, and she's wearing a different top that covers up her boobs. That smacks of too much pandering for a show that doesn't need it.

This appears to be low priority viewing for me at this point, but I do hope the 3rd episode picks up the pace.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
This show is growing on me. Well, it helps that Sarah and Chuck's sister are so hot. Tonight's episode was pretty funny.

BTW, Chuck's sister is a good candidate to be Wonder Woman. Although, the villainess kinda reminded me of Lynda Carter.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Tonight's episode was the best of the season so far. I guess now that they have introduced the characters they can focus more on the spy stuff.

I know the fight scenes are still not the best, but the comedy more than makes up for it. I loved the "speak for yourselves" comment made by the Asian nerd. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Much better than last week's. And not just because the story was focused and the pieces came together properly. The show got its visual style and energy back. It felt like the same show as the pilot, while last week's really didn't. Loved Captain Awesome walking in naked, Chuck goes put a robe on or something, and then the next scene when they're doing the tango, Captain Awesome is only wearing a robe.:)
I also liked the kitchen scene at the end. Chuck's sister finally backed off. The only weak link is Morgan who is fast becoming a sitcom character that doesn't belong. By contrast, I love the Nerd Herd crew. The stoner Asian chick, the nerdy alcoholic, etc.
Looking forward to next week again.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This episode had strong character interactions and was a good episode; there were some standout moments as well. But I also thought it was the slowest episode of the three and perhaps not as funny as the others. In general, the characters make the show. The actors really inhabit their roles. Especially Adam Baldwin; he's perfect.

Is the Asian girl in the Nerd Herd the prodigy violinist from Studio 60?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
This week's ep was much smoother! Still pretty mindless entertainment as far as entertainment goes, but a nice lead in to the more "serious" hours of Heroes and Journeyman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks