What's new

Chuck season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit

I agree with you Adam. I was going to ditch this show after the 2nd Episode but after this one I will watching next week.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I also enjoyed the Chuck Vs. the Tango episode more than the Chuck Vs. the Helicopter episode.

Lots of great moments.
I also agree that Morgan is a weak link, or just isn't being used/written right.

I'd rather see more characterization out of the nerd herd.
It looks like there can be some good laughs if they are used right.

I loved the side subplot(if you call it that) of Chuck having info on his old college friend Allan Watterman with his off shore accounts and insider trading

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The opening was so eye-catchng this time around that I was wondering if I'd skpped the main titles the last two weeks. Guess they were routine and this was so different that I actually noticed them.

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

Lorena Bernal played La Ciudad/Malena. She was Miss Spain 1999, 26 years old, and 5'8" tall. Another couple of inches taller (or surround her with shorter folks and a good dialogue coach), she's be a pretty decent candidate for WW. Judging by her older photos, she's undergone rhinoplasty.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Definitely not a Prius. Various places say it is a Yaris. The sound may not be genuine, but added in. In fact, having ridden in a few, it seems like the Prius either makes no sound, when the electric is running by itself, or just sounds like a regular car. Maybe an actual owner of either model can clarify.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
It is definitely a Yaris Hatchback, not a Prius, take it from a former Toyota service tech. There is a Prius parked in front of Chuck's condo complex in several night scenes.

The Yaris is available in the US either as a 4 door sedan that looks like a 3/4 scale Camry or a 2 door hatchback that looks nothing like the 4 door.

The engine sounds used in the show are not really authentic, the real Yaris is not as noisey, and the automatic won't chirp the tires from a dead stop, though the manual will. The hatch just looks too tiny to most people who equate safety with gargantuan bulk, so doesn't sell as well as the 4 door which looks much more substantial.

My ex fell in love with the Smart car on a recent overseas trip and thinks the Yaris hatch is the closest thing currently available in the US.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
This show is missing something big. I don't know, maybe I didn't liked the characters or the whole story line doesn't flow together, but after watching three weeks of Chuck, I just could handle it anymore. It looked promising, but I happen to loss interest quickly.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
First off, how about a variety of commercials when watching shows online? I am already sick of watching the trailers of "The Heartbreak Kid" over and over again. The price of watching shows online.

As for the show itself, I thought the 3rd episode was great. I thought it was hilarious when one of the bad guys was about to shoot Chuck, and a microwave was thrown by Casey. I would have thought he would have shot the bad guy.

A bunch of other great moments.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The execution was perfect. Slow motion taking aim and clicking off the safety, and then... a microwave comes flying horizontal out of nowhere at normal speed. Hilarious. It was ruined by the promos and I was STILL dying.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I thought it was smart of Casey not to shoot the bad guy. A gun shot and a dead body would have been difficult to explain.

As for the show itself, I find it entertaining. I definately want to see more of the Nerd Herd

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've had these stored up for three weeks, and finally needed to clear them out because of hard drive space. I don't know why I wanted so long. I thought it was fantastic and the only new show other than Pushing Daisies that I am enjoying without reservation this season. 2/3 the production team of Supernatural might explain why I like it so much. It's definitely Alias with more comedy, which is fine with me. Unlike some, I loved that from start to finish.

Sarah may have a few blemishes, and may be able to eat corn-on-the-cob through a picket fence, but she's still the hottest TV girl I've clapped eyes on in some time. The Wienerlicious dress and the obligatory panty shots? Ooh. I also like her character and her romantic tension with Chuck. It's shaping up to be like Can't Buy Me Love, and there have already been hints of a similar scene where the girl has fallen for the nerd, but he's too blind to see it.

I'm enjoying the relationship between Chuck and his sister. It's nice how close they are. Don't mind Morgan, either. He was at his funniest in the pilot, but I've known nerds like him and his character is working for me. The rivalry between Chuck and Harry is great, and there is some great visual comedy, such as when Harry is looking up at the behemoth of a thug and turns around, still looking up, and the guy is gone. I've seen complaints about the action, but I think it's been pretty well-done so far. The Bryce death run was Jackie Channish and fun.

Oh, and the whole scene at the end of last week's when Chuck thought he locked the thug in the cage, his reaction, and the flying microwave were hilarious. Good scene.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Forgot to mention, yeah, it was cool hearing the CAKE song as the theme. That's a great little groove. I wonder if Sarah has fingernails that shine like justice.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Another great episode again tonight. I love the complicated dynamic between Chuck and Sarah, and the carefree way they all fall into the missions. Adam Baldwin deserves an Emmy already for his work as the N.S.A. agent. He brings that blunt force that I loved about Jayne but with an intelligent, biting wit that Jayne was too dumb for. I was absolutely dying when he was in the elevator with the mother and daughter still handcuffed to a chunk of the head board.
My favorite moment, though, had to be when the big bad asks where the diamond is and Chuck holds it up in the air, Katrina says she's not telling and he pops it right back in his pocket again. The moment where he accidentally FedEx-es it was also hysterical. I'm still not digging Morgan, but he wasn't irritating this week.

I think the disorganized mess that was the second episode must have been a fluke, because all the other episodes including tonight's have have been excellent.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Another fun episode. Baldwin was dead on this episode. His brutish wincing at the start, when he learned Katerina was in town, was hilarious.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Chuck is getting better with each new episode for me. This week's was the funniest so far. Everything that Adam mentioned had me laughing out loud. Loved Baldwin's anti-smoking line.

BTW, I think Sarah was wearing gold panties underneath her bathrobe in the opening scene. I wish I recorded it to verify. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks