What's new

CBS Status Report (2 Viewers)

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
FanCollector said:
America as a whole may be...larger today, but with all the crime shows on television now, how many heroes look like William Conrad? He would still stand out physically. And look at one of the few shows starring overweight actors, Mike and Molly. Their weight formed the whole premise of the show and there are constant jokes about it. Perhaps Cannon's weight shouldn't be an issue for viewers today, but I suspect it would be.
Strange thing; in the TV series Roseanne, Roseanne & Dan Connor are fat, but their fat isn't an issue, and no episode focuses on it. What's the deal with Mike & Molly?

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
CBS has resumed Laverne & Shirley with season 6. http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Laverne-Shirley-Season-6/18094 Does any else think that maybe something is planned for Love Boat, like a licence deal for the entire series? Otherwise, why are there no seasons coming? Even Fantasy Island has seen new releases, I'm hoping that something is in the works for Love Boat, now at the top of my most wanted series list.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'd like to see more Love Boat and I'm concerned that Shout isn't announcing S4 of Fantasy Island yet.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Does any else think that maybe something is planned for Love Boat, like a licence deal for the entire series?
Otherwise, why are there no seasons coming? Even Fantasy Island has seen new releases, I'm hoping
that something is in the works for Love Boat, now at the top of my most wanted series list.
I think they should sub-license it out to Shout! Factory, it would be a good fit now that they are also releasing Fantasy Island (another Spelling show). I doubt that they would do a complete series set but it is puzzling why they have not released any other seasons- did the first two seasons not sell very well?!
On the topic of Shout!, it appears that Webster has stalled out- season 4 was released over a year ago and there has been no news on any further seasons. Oh well, at least 4 of the 6 seasons have been released on DVD.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
That early announcement of licensed releases of Diagnosis Murder and The Mod Squad, if they should come to fruition, would be a great source of hope for some stalled series like The Love Boat. Alternatively, if the MOD program starts moving closer to the end of Cannon, Becker, and Dave's World, that might be another good sign for those stalled series.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
I think they should sub-license it out to Shout! Factory, it would be a good fit now that they are also releasing Fantasy Island (another Spelling show).  I doubt that they would do a complete series set but it is puzzling why they have not released any other seasons- did the first two seasons not sell very well?! On the topic of Shout!, it appears that Webster has stalled out- season 4 was released over a year ago and there has been no news on any further seasons.  Oh well, at least 4 of the 6 seasons have been released on DVD.
I thought I read in another thread that Sony was going back to releasing their own shows, which means that they would be responsible for releasing the rest of Fantasy Island, not Shout! Factory. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
I think they should sub-license it out to Shout! Factory, it would be a good fit now that they are also releasing Fantasy Island (another Spelling show).  I doubt that they would do a complete series set but it is puzzling why they have not released any other seasons- did the first two seasons not sell very well?!
I'm all for Shout! getting on board and setting sail with season 3, or I'd buy a complete series from someone to do it like Time Life has with their great complete series sets. If the previous two seasons of Love Boat didn't sell that well, it might have something to do with the split season sets. It gets pretty expensive that way, which could turn off some buyers. That said, it's hard to imagine that the other series that CBS has restarted, like Dynasty, Bonanza, and Gunsmoke have sold so much better than what Love Boat might sell that those series are continuing deep into later seasons, and Love Boat gets nothing? It's hard to say. I'm hoping that the reason we've had no news on Love Boat is that something like a complete set is in the works. There are a lot of seasons unreleased, and restarting it a half season at a time would take forever (and likely never) to reach the end.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
With the new site, old posts are not open to editing, so I will update this list from here. Lots of continuing movement at CBS/Paramount and I am hopeful that as various series finish, others will restart. The MOD program is still going very slowly, but perhaps it will gather steam as the Warner Archive did.
FanCollector said:
I have indicated the number of remaining seasons (or releases for those series distributed in volumes) in parentheses. Continuing: Perry Mason (1/2 season)Dave's World (1 season)Family Ties (1 season) Touched by an Angel (1 season)Cannon (2 seasons) Becker (2 seasons)Laverne and Shirley (2 seasons) Rawhide (2 seasons; 3 releases) Dynasty (2 seasons; 4 releases) Bonanza (8 seasons; 16 releases) Gunsmoke (12 seasons; 24 releases) Stalled: Mork and Mindy (1 season) Caroline in the City (2 seasons) One Step Beyond (2 seasons) Matt Houston (2 seasons) Early Edition (2 seasons) The Phil Silvers Show (3 seasons) Nash Bridges (3 seasons) Evening Shade (3 seasons) The Mod Squad (3 seasons; 6 releases) Jake and the Fatman (3 seasons; 6 releases) Hotel (4 seasons) Love, American Style (4 seasons; 8 releases) Diagnosis: Murder (5 seasons) Petticoat Junction (5 seasons) Moesha (5 seasons) The Beverly Hillbillies (6 seasons) Happy Days (7 seasons) Barnaby Jones (7 seasons; 14 releases) The Love Boat (7 seasons; 14 releases) My Three Sons (10 seasons; 20 releases) Licensed:Webster (2 seasons)Please let me know which ones I haven't included, and I will change the list. Any other thoughts as to possible continued releases as the studio finishes some of its ongoing series?

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
CBS HE updated their cover photo on Facebook the other day and I distinctly remember seeing Barnaby Jones pictured in the photo as was (I think) The Love Boat. Maybe they're unstalling those? If I can't get Uncle Jed, I'll settle for Barnaby!!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Ron1973 said:
CBS HE updated their cover photo on Facebook the other day and I distinctly remember seeing Barnaby Jones pictured in the photo as was (I think) The Love Boat. Maybe they're unstalling those? If I can't get Uncle Jed, I'll settle for Barnaby!!!
I'll certainly settle for more Barnaby Jones as well. And I know a good friend of mine here would be pretty happy if more Love Boat were announced. ;)

Gary "at least we are getting Perry, Rawhide and HGWT finished up" O.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Gary OS said:
I'll certainly settle for more Barnaby Jones as well. And I know a good friend of mine here would be pretty happy if more Love Boat were announced. ;)

Gary "at least we are getting Perry, Rawhide and HGWT finished up" O.
I think I'm getting ready to get into PM now that it's going to be finished up. Some of the early half-season sets are dirt cheap over on Amazon now.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
FanCollector said:
With the new site, old posts are not open to editing, so I will update this list from here. Lots of continuing movement at CBS/Paramount and I am hopeful that as various series finish, others will restart. The MOD program is still going very slowly, but perhaps it will gather steam as the Warner Archive did.
I have indicated the number of remaining seasons (or releases for those series distributed in volumes) in parentheses. Continuing: Dave's World (1 season)Family Ties (1 season) Touched by an Angel (1 season)Cannon (2 seasons) Becker (2 seasons)Laverne and Shirley (2 seasons) Rawhide (2 seasons; 3 releases) Dynasty (2 seasons; 4 releases) Bonanza (8 seasons; 16 releases) Gunsmoke (11 seasons; 22 releases) Stalled: Mork and Mindy (1 season) Caroline in the City (2 seasons) One Step Beyond (2 seasons) Matt Houston (2 seasons) Early Edition (2 seasons) The Phil Silvers Show (3 seasons) Nash Bridges (3 seasons) Evening Shade (3 seasons) The Mod Squad (3 seasons; 6 releases) Jake and the Fatman (3 seasons; 6 releases) Hotel (4 seasons) Love, American Style (4 seasons; 8 releases) Diagnosis: Murder (5 seasons) Petticoat Junction (5 seasons) Moesha (5 seasons) The Beverly Hillbillies (6 seasons) Happy Days (7 seasons) Barnaby Jones (7 seasons; 14 releases) The Love Boat (7 seasons; 14 releases) My Three Sons (10 seasons; 20 releases) Licensed:Webster (2 seasons)Please let me know which ones I haven't included, and I will change the list. Any other thoughts as to possible continued releases as the studio finishes some of its ongoing series?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
FanCollector said:
I have indicated the number of remaining seasons (or releases for those series distributed in volumes) in parentheses. Continuing: Dave's World (1 season)Touched by an Angel (1 season)Cannon (2 seasons) Becker (2 seasons)Laverne and Shirley (2 seasons) Rawhide (2 seasons; 3 releases) Dynasty (2 seasons; 4 releases) Bonanza (8 seasons; 16 releases) Gunsmoke (11 seasons; 22 releases) Stalled: Mork and Mindy (1 season) Caroline in the City (2 seasons) One Step Beyond (2 seasons) Matt Houston (2 seasons) Early Edition (2 seasons) The Phil Silvers Show (3 seasons) Nash Bridges (3 seasons) Evening Shade (3 seasons) The Mod Squad (3 seasons; 6 releases) Jake and the Fatman (3 seasons; 6 releases) Hotel (4 seasons) Love, American Style (4 seasons; 8 releases) Diagnosis: Murder (5 seasons) Petticoat Junction (5 seasons) Moesha (5 seasons) The Beverly Hillbillies (6 seasons) Happy Days (7 seasons) Barnaby Jones (7 seasons; 14 releases) The Love Boat (7 seasons; 14 releases) My Three Sons (10 seasons; 20 releases) Licensed:Webster (2 seasons)Please let me know which ones I haven't included, and I will change the list. Any other thoughts as to possible continued releases as the studio finishes some of its ongoing series?

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Perhaps with the recent passing of Jonathan Winters CBS may decide to finally release the last season of Mork & Mindy. Sad if that what it takes but I do want the final season.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I have indicated the number of remaining seasons (or releases for those series distributed in volumes) in parentheses. Continuing: Dave's World (1 season)Touched by an Angel (1 season)Becker (1 season) Cannon (2 seasons)Laverne and Shirley (2 seasons) Rawhide (2 seasons; 3 releases) Dynasty (2 seasons; 4 releases) Bonanza (8 seasons; 16 releases) Gunsmoke (11 seasons; 22 releases) Stalled: Mork and Mindy (1 season) Caroline in the City (2 seasons) One Step Beyond (2 seasons) Matt Houston (2 seasons) Early Edition (2 seasons) The Phil Silvers Show (3 seasons) Nash Bridges (3 seasons) Evening Shade (3 seasons) The Mod Squad (3 seasons; 6 releases) Jake and the Fatman (3 seasons; 6 releases) Hotel (4 seasons) Love, American Style (4 seasons; 8 releases) Diagnosis: Murder (5 seasons) Petticoat Junction (5 seasons) Moesha (5 seasons) The Beverly Hillbillies (6 seasons) Happy Days (7 seasons) Barnaby Jones (7 seasons; 14 releases) The Love Boat (7 seasons; 14 releases) My Three Sons (10 seasons; 20 releases) Licensed:Webster (2 seasons)I have update the list to reflect the announcement of Season 5 of Becker. The MOD program is still moving slowly from CBS/Paramount, but it is moving. In terms of series that are not current or not under their Nickelodeon division, they have only released sets of Dave's World, Becker, and Cannon. However, Dave's World and Becker are now within one release of completion. As those series come to an end on MOD, I hope the studio looks at the "stalled" list for some other titles to take their places.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I have indicated the number of remaining seasons (or releases for those series distributed in volumes) in parentheses. Continuing: Dave's World (1 season)Becker (1 season) Cannon (2 seasons)Laverne and Shirley (2 seasons) Rawhide (2 seasons; 3 releases) Dynasty (2 seasons; 4 releases) Bonanza (8 seasons; 16 releases) Gunsmoke (11 seasons; 22 releases) Stalled: Mork and Mindy (1 season) Caroline in the City (2 seasons) One Step Beyond (2 seasons) Matt Houston (2 seasons) Early Edition (2 seasons) The Phil Silvers Show (3 seasons) Nash Bridges (3 seasons) Evening Shade (3 seasons) Jake and the Fatman (3 seasons; 6 releases) Hotel (4 seasons) Love, American Style (4 seasons; 8 releases) Petticoat Junction (5 seasons) Moesha (5 seasons) The Beverly Hillbillies (6 seasons) Happy Days (7 seasons) Barnaby Jones (7 seasons; 14 releases) The Love Boat (7 seasons; 14 releases) My Three Sons (10 seasons; 20 releases) Licensed:The Mod Squad (1 season)Webster (2 seasons)Diagnosis: Murder (3 seasons)I have updated the list to reflect the announced ending of Touched By an Angel and the new releases of Diagnosis: Murder and The Mod Squad. VEI promises complete series sets of the latter two series, so if and when those are announced officially, that will complete two more series on the list.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
FanCollector said:
Thanks for reminding me about My Three Sons. I amended the list. O'Hara is held by Universal, I think. Richard Diamond is split, with some episodes owned by CBS and others not, but I'd love to see that one. I'm very much hoping for a Cannon continuation, too. Streets of San Francisco was a QM Production stalled after two years of a five year run, and then it was revived and finished very quickly. Cannon is in the same position now, so maybe there's hope...
Richard Diamond was produced by Four Star, so it's actually owned by Fox, so you can forget about that studio releasing or licensing it out!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It isn't quite that bleak...the Four Star library is divided by era. The earlier stuff didn't go to Fox, so things like Trackdown and Richard Diamond are held separately. The later stuff, however, like The Rogues, is trapped in Fox purgatory though.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
TV_Fan said:
Perhaps with the recent passing of Jonathan Winters CBS may decide to finally release the last season of Mork & Mindy. Sad if that what it takes but I do want the final season.
I heard it was because of the Hey Jude scene, but since CBS released the first season in California for Laverne and Shirley, and they eradicated the usage of "Yesterday" (Beatles problem) AND eliminated an important scene because of other music references (getting rid of an entire scene/joke "problem"), I guess they could try.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
JMFabianoRPL said:
I heard it was because of the Hey Jude scene, but since CBS released the first season in California for Laverne and Shirley, and they eradicated the usage of "Yesterday" (Beatles problem) AND eliminated an important scene because of other music references (getting rid of an entire scene/joke "problem"), I guess they could try.
I doubt the one song is holding up the release. That was a rumor started by someone who has no inside knowledge of anything CBS. Since songs/scenes were removed from other shows it seems they would probably opt for that with Mork & Mindy. With Robin Williams returning to a CBS tv show this year I'd say now seems like a really good time for the final Mork & Mindy release. Hopefully we'll hear some news soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks