What's new

CBS Status Report (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It was rumored to be coming in the second half of this year so I still have confidence that it will show up, hopefully with Season 4 of Petticoat Junction.

Frank Soyke said:
What happened to this rumored release of Hillbillies Season 5

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
FanCollector said:
Also, has anyone heard anything about the last Perry Mason TV movies? They were flying out of the CBS vaults and then they stopped before the last set. They have the option of putting out another set of six, or if they think the ones without Raymond Burr wouldn't sell, they could just jump to the double-feature disc release for the last two Burr movies. But either way, it seems like a very abrupt stopping point.

FanCollector:

I have not heard anything but my gut feeling is that we will see a Volume 5 with the remaining 6 telefilms sometime in 2015. I am thankful to CBS for how quickly they released the first 4 volumes from December 2013 through October 2014.

Darby

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
CBS is killing me.

I want to hear an announcement for "Matt Houston-Season 2", Cannon-Season 4", Jack and the Fatman-Season 3" and Barnaby Jones-Season 2".

But I guess I can wait long for that.....

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
bronson said:
CBS is killing me.

I want to hear an announcement for "Matt Houston-Season 2", Cannon-Season 4", Jack and the Fatman-Season 3" and Barnaby Jones-Season 2".

But I guess I can wait long for that.....

Except for Jake and the Fatman, these are all on my want list.

I bought Season 1 of both Barnaby Jones and Matt Houston at the same time exactly five years ago this month at Best Buy. I'm still waiting for Season 2 of each, of course.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
I think you are correct, except for maybe Happy Days.

I wonder if we will see season 7 released, guess it depends on how well season 6 sold?! Season 7 is the final season with Ron Howard and Don Most, both left the show after this season. They were my 2 favourite characters so I lost interest afer they left.

I would prefer that Paramount license this show to Star Vista Entertainment so they can do a proper release with the music intact but unfortunately I think that is just a dream and will never happen. After seeing what they did with China Beach & The Wonder Years, I think they would be able to secure most of the music for Happy Days as well.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Could CBS be holding back releases to have content for its upcoming Decades channel ?

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I don't know what to expect from this, so I will wait and see. If this is another PD release, not sure what is the point, unless the previous PD releases are OOP. But if there is that much of a demand, why not release a restored season 2 and/or 3, since that is what everyone wants?

I hope this doesn't work against CBS, or a licensee of CBS, releasing further season sets and completing the series.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm also patiently waiting for more Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction releases. I thought that the sets released to Wal-Mart had pretty decent sales, no?

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
After watching the CBS release of season 1, I picked up the PD Best of set from Mill Creek. While not nearly as nice of prints, it was watchable, at least enough to enjoy many more episodes that i had never seen. According to the new announcement, it should have at least 10 new episodes (not sure what has been released by other groups like Alpha). For the price, I just may pick it up just to have a chance to see those other episodes, if not available on say YouTube.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
smithbrad said:
After watching the CBS release of season 1, I picked up the PD Best of set from Mill Creek. While not nearly as nice of prints, it was watchable, at least enough to enjoy many more episodes that i had never seen. According to the new announcement, it should have at least 10 new episodes (not sure what has been released by other groups like Alpha). For the price, I just may pick it up just to have a chance to see those other episodes, if not available on say YouTube.

Will it have all of the Mill Creek episodes? I might double dip for ten new episodes, but shelf space is getting tight and I would just as soon have only one set if the transfers are the same between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks