What's new

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - reviews (1 Viewer)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Thoroughly enjoyed this movie last night. I wasn't a huge fan of the first Captain America film (too much origin story-itis), but this one rocked and was definitely the best Marvel universe movie since Avengers.

It was extra fun in that I had spent the better part of the previous week in Washington DC walking around the Tidal Basin, the Capitol, National Mall, etc.. So it was fun seeing all those places in the film. I don't recall seeing that big SHIELD HQ building though, I think that would have stood out. ;)

Guardians of the Galaxy looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, too (though I've never read the comics).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I went and saw RIO 2, so I still have to go and see this. Worth seeing in 3D or would it be better in 2D?

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
I thought it was better in 2D. The action is quick and there is camera movement during the fights which made them a bit harder to see in 3D.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw it in 3D and thought it was completely unnecessary. There was nothing on-screen that seemed to benefit from 3D. Most of the time, I wasn't even aware I was watching 3D other than the darker picture due to the glasses.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Aside from a lot of aerobatics and plummeting in the climax, and a lot of foreframe-cluttered skulking on the ship at the beginning, I didn't see anything 2D-unfriendly at my 2D showing (missed all the 3D times) except for one "gimmick" shot where Cap slings his mighty shield at the camera.
Darn, now I'll have to go back and rent it. :cool:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks to all for the input. I think I'll go to the 2D version of this tonight and save four bucks.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Excellent flick. Took one of Marvel's dullest character and made him a badass and interesting too. DC should use this movie for inspiration as they still have not cracked the code on how to make their Boy Scout intriguing.

Never cared much the Captain America character until this flick.

On a visceral this flick presented fights where the blows made me wince in my seat at how brutal they seemed. Well done.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes. I'd have to say that this turn was much better than the first movie by quite a bit.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
According to Box Office Mojo, Marvel's Captain America The Winter Soldier has now earned $250,627,000 domestically and $452,800,000 and now sits comfortably at $703,427,000 worldwide after making an estimated $3,759,000 this weeked. It has surpassed Thor: The Dark World's $644 million making it the 3rd highest grossing film in the ever growing Marvel Cinematic Universe after Iron Man 3 and The Avengers. The film has almost doubled Captain America: The First Avenger's worldwide gross which was the second lowest grossing MCU film after The Incredible Hulk.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Edwardo2K14/news/?a=100325

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Finally saw Cap 2 and LOVED it. So far it's my favorite film of the year and the best Marvel film to date. Solid story...good acting. Intense. Fantastic action. I was in it...

Great stuff.

9.75/10 :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
So Cap 3 will hold the May 6, 2016 release date as Batman v Superman moves to March 25th. That's great for both movies.
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I just watched this again in my home theater, and I think this is definitely Marvel Studio's best film. What a fantastic movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks