What's new

Cancelled TV Shows DVD Release Dates (2 Viewers)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Eight is Enough, Adam-12, Designing Women, Bob, and...Laverne & Shirley! The year is off to a very good start!!

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
The only thing that would make this year even better would be if licensees were finally able to pick up where they left off on Fox shows, especially VCI and Burke's Law.
I haven't asked, but in the history of TV-on-DVD, has there ever been an instance where there was bad blood between the DVD licensee and DVD licensor, but eventually, it was resolved?

jrol

Grip
Real Name
John
vnisanian2001 said:
The only thing that would make this year even better would be if licensees were finally able to pick up where they left off on Fox shows, especially VCI and Burke's Law.
Yes, yes and yes... I really would love to see Burkes Law picked up and continued with the second season, by someone... anyone!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Bumped for the F.B.I and Vega$. Haven't had anything to add in almost a month! Hope that it was just a normal January slump and that lots of new releases will be announced in the coming weeks!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Dynasty, Mannix, & Streets of San Francisco, courtesy of our friends at CBS/Paramount!!! :D

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
So Dynasty gets another two volumes released on the same day,while fans of other shows have to wait months between volumes of their favorite shows? :f If Paramount took that approach with a lot of their other titles then we would have more seasons of those shows,and they wouldn't be abandoned.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Hopefully our good friends over at CBS' classic TV department are reading about our happiness of the selected shows continuing now on DVD, giving them new confidence back in other stalled titles.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Stephen Wight said:
So Dynasty gets another two volumes released on the same day,while fans of other shows have to wait months between volumes of their favorite shows? :f If Paramount took that approach with a lot of their other titles then we would have more seasons of those shows,and they wouldn't be abandoned.
I think nothing's ever abandoned. Not until the end of the world. Because lots of titles suddenly pop up, 5 years after their last release. Usually it's because the title was licensed out to another company, but these shows do pop up eventually. There have been some surprises lately, like "Fantasy Island," which means Sony is at least willing to license out their stuff. I don't think Paramount has actually done that yet; have they?
I do hope the recent releases means we'll see them finish "Melrose Place" and "Family Ties" sooner than later.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
HenryDuBrow said:
Hopefully our good friends over at CBS' classic TV department are reading about our happiness of the selected shows continuing now on DVD, giving them new confidence back in other stalled titles.
Yeah. I want more of The Love Boat. Both volumes of season 3 released on the same day.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Ethan Riley said:
I don't think Paramount has actually done that yet; have they?
I do hope the recent releases means we'll see them finish "Melrose Place" and "Family Ties" sooner than later.
Paramount has licensed Webster out to Shout. Hard to believe that's the only title that they're willing to part with. I hope we see Family Ties finished as well. I don't know why that's been stalled for so long.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If the rumor about CBS/Paramount wanting to start their own MOD program is true, then that in all likelihood is where we'd see titles unstalled, and not through licensing to other companies.
I'm glad "Streets Of San Francisco" is unstalled since I want more of that, though I wish "Barnaby Jones" had been unstalled too. "Cannon" I can wait indefinitely for more of since it's the least of the three QM shows of that era for me and since it wasn't remastered at all that also diminishes the enthusiasm there a bit. As for the B/W stuff, I only need one more year of "Gunsmoke" which is the last of the half hour seasons and then I'll be content with what's released there. I wouldn't be so concerned about the last year of "Have Gun Will Travel" but for the fact that the last season has a rare appearance of Irish McCalla, TV's "Sheena".

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Jack P said:
If the rumor about CBS/Paramount wanting to start their own MOD program is true, then that in all likelihood is where we'd see titles unstalled, and not through licensing to other companies.
I was wondering if they'd ever do that. I really want "The Colbys," and it seems to me that a MOD would be the only way it could happen. That show, and a lot of the other shorter-lived Aaron Spelling shows.
Meanwhile, we can all Shout! for Diff'rent Strokes, the last season of Designing Women and hey hey hey! It's FAAAAAT Albert!!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ethan Riley said:
I was wondering if they'd ever do that. I really want "The Colbys," and it seems to me that a MOD would be the only way it could happen. That show, and a lot of the other shorter-lived Aaron Spelling shows.
Meanwhile, we can all Shout! for Diff'rent Strokes, the last season of Designing Women and hey hey hey! It's FAAAAAT Albert!!
Speaking of the Complete Fat Albert, I have to say appreciate Shout's complete series releases the most out of all releases, because with complete series releases, you have the whole thing in one shot with no wondering if another season will come out.
And Universal's Complete Law and Order... yeah, it's pricey, but worth it. I hope that experiment succeeded, so maybe we'll see more long running series get that treatment in the future.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Removed all April offerings, which leaves the complete list pretty short. However, CBS/Paramount struck again and got two major series to their conclusions: MELROSE PLACE and THE UNTOUCHABLES. Completed series on dvd are always a very good thing! Also, Touched by an Angel is unstalled at long last, and the beginning of STAR TREK: TNG on its blu-ray outing. Love hearing when the studios unstall a tv series after many years (about FIVE in Angel's case). Gives one hope that other popular shows will be unstalled while they're at it. Family Ties or the Jeffersons, anyone??

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Took "The Rookies" off the rumored section, thanks to the fine people at Shout! Lots of old shows being unfroze this week, have you noticed? Must be the summer weather on its way, adding to this thaw. Also put Dynasty Season 8 on the rumors list because it's an official UK release, and the stateside version usually follows. Hopefully, they won't make us wait a whole year between releases, since they're getting so close to the end of the series (there were 9 seasons plus a reunion mini, a documentary telefilm and a reunion special).

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Yes, Shout has been terrific with the releases. Looking forward to season 2 of the Rookies.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am surprised that Charlie's Angels S5 has not been released. I have S1-S4, but just want S5 for sentimental reasons. Charlie's Angels was its best from S1-S3 and dropped off dramatically after Kate Jackson/Farrah Fawcett (stopped doing cameos).

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
So happy about Touched By An Angel Season 5 coming out. Also hoping we might see The Promised Land released too

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks