What's new

Cancelled TV Shows DVD Release Dates (1 Viewer)

BobSchneider

Second Unit
I just got the Kojak season 2 set today from amazon and its a great workman style dvd set . Nicely done clean video, nice color and sound, no extras , no CC and thankfully No flipper disks like the Universal s1 release. Honestly the only extra I would have liked was the mythical "Marcus Nelson Murders" pilot movie and I'm mystified why it hasn't been release . But on season 2 of Kojak Shout get a Bravo (best Clint Eastwood voice) . And it nice to finally see to see some sort of a release date attached to Adam 12 s6 (was getting worried it was going to become their next Ironside). Speaking of Ironside I think pigs will fly at high warp factors before Shout releases more Ironside due to self inflicted bad PR they have generated with there on again off again release shenanigans around Ironside . Plus with Shouts high " shout select" prices there almost in the R4 release price range which the high price Ironside s4 P.O.'d all lot a fans . So shout in a no win with Ironside .

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
BobSchneider said:
I just got the Kojak season 2 set today from amazon and its a great workman style dvd set . Nicely done clean video, nice color and sound, no extras , no CC and thankfully No flipper disks like the Universal s1 release. Honestly the only extra I would have liked was the mythical "Marcus Nelson Murders" pilot movie and I'm mystified why it hasn't been release . But on season 2 of Kojak Shout get a Bravo (best Clint Eastwood voice) . And it nice to finally see to see some sort of a release date attached to Adam 12 s6 (was getting worried it was going to become their next Ironside). Speaking of Ironside I think pigs will fly at high warp factors before Shout releases more Ironside due to self inflicted bad PR they have generated with there on again off again release shenanigans around Ironside . Plus with Shouts high " shout select" prices there almost in the R4 release price range which the high price Ironside s4 P.O.'d all lot a fans . So shout in a no win with Ironside .
Who loves ya, baby? Well, who loves Mr. Eddie's father?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'll treat the phenomenal news of "Ozzie and Harriet" as a rumor, and so they are now added to the list. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please search for related posts. The only way it's going to happen is if all interested parties participate! I will do my part to get the word out through social networking; I urge you all to do the same!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Bumped for Columbo, Pacific Blue, and SWAT, Police Woman, Rookies and Here Come the Brides rumors :D

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Ethan Riley said:
Bumped for Columbo, Pacific Blue, and SWAT, Police Woman, Rookies and Here Come the Brides rumors :D
I agree!!
Also I just received the season 2 of Kojak that was released by Shout and I will give them a Bravo also on the quality. I was impressed.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What, no mention of the As The World Turns set that is already available for order?
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/World-Turns-20-Classic-Episodes/16091
I sincerely hope this set is successful, not only so more soaps escape the vault, but because maybe Fremantle or Sony will see that there's money to be made in releasing game shows in the same fashion.
And 20 episodes for 20 bucks? That's cheaper than a hypothetical itunes or Amazon download would be.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
The Obsolete Man said:
What, no mention of the As The World Turns set that is already available for order?
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/World-Turns-20-Classic-Episodes/16091
I sincerely hope this set is successful, not only so more soaps escape the vault, but because maybe Fremantle or Sony will see that there's money to be made in releasing game shows in the same fashion.
And 20 episodes for 20 bucks? That's cheaper than a hypothetical itunes or Amazon download would be.
I wish they would come out with one for Guiding Light. I recently got a videocassette of "Best of Roger and Holly" put out sometime in the early 90s - would love to have more from 1977-1984 or so in my collection.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ethan Riley said:
Lots of stalled shows are suddenly making a comeback. Let's hope it's just the beginning!
still hoping to see the final four Rockford Files movies
David

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ethan Riley said:
Lots of stalled shows are suddenly making a comeback. Let's hope it's just the beginning!
Well, you have to give Universal some credit... they seem to be willing to get their stalled shows finished, eventually. If you wait long enough.
Alfred Hitchcock keeps limping along, Sliders finally has a definite finish date, shows like Adam-12, Dragnet, and Leave it to Beaver were licensed out to Shout to finish them up...
Even though they had a horrible beginning with the double sided discs, and there's been lots of complaining over the years about all the seemingly one and done shows Universal has released, they've managed to sloooooooooooooooooooooly complete a lot of shows over the years that have been thought to be abandoned and are doing a much better job at getting shows finished up than most of the other major studios.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
True, but the most nagging ones from Universal are the three titles they didn't license out and which only need one more release to finish. "Night Gallery"; "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "Hardy Boys". I keep getting the feeling that another label doesn't want a title that only needs one more release and Universal isn't anxious to finish any of those themself.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It wouldn't surprise me to see Night Gallery 3 in 2012.
Just look at the release dates... season 1 in 2004. S2 in 2008. And, with Sliders being finished up after a 4 year hiatus, Night Gallery might stand a chance.
Until today, Sliders was in that same category you mention... one more season, so who would want to license it, and Universal taking their sweet time.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Arrest and Trial? Really? And how many times have people put that show on their "grail" lists?? Timeless continues to surprise me-- :)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Here come the Brides! And also Mannix, and Police Woman! And you won't have to wait too far into the future to finish off the Jetsons season 2! But Hazel gets bumped back a couple months :( Wahhh...Mr. Baxter...!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Bump for Daktari, My Living Doll, Laramie, Overland Trail, They Came From Outer Space, plus date changes and so on ... :D

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The Father Dowling Mysteries?? Now that's one I didn't see coming. Isn't that one of those shows where people would say, "oh they'll never put that on dvd. It would be nice, but it's never gonna happen." Wah wah wah; well here it will be, soon. It's just a shame they didn't make it a two season set. Season 1 was only 9 eps (plus pilot) and Season 2 was only 13 eps. Season 3 was the only full season--with a complete 22 eps. Two sets would have been easier for them to sell in the long run. Ah well--I'll buy it anyway.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Wanted to point out that Logan's Run has actually always been a holy grail series for me--! Nice to finally cross one of those off my long, long list!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks