What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Burn Notice, Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
I'm in exactly the other camp. I really don't give a hoot about the "who burned him and why' thread. the capers of the week are what I enjoy and I find the mythology thread to be a drag and, like The X Files, made up on the fly.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I can see your point Lou. Overall it seems like the serialized story is taking more of a back seat when you look at the overall season (comparing say the first season to this season).

It may not have generated any emotional interest, but I think it severed its purpose. They needed a case that would add some tension to the Jesse wants to kill Michael aspect. It allowed for a bigger part for Michael's mom to deliver the "don't kill my son for at least a few days" speech. She wouldn't have done that for a swindled stock broker. It also created a little more tension due to the added pressure on Michael to get this one done while avoiding Jesse, and gave Fee and his mom a more plausible reason to be a bit more forgiving of Michael.

Like it or not I think it was a good caper as it allowed for a lot of good cast interactions.

Actually I think the kidnapping caper seriously suffered because of the overriding story arc because of a shorter time allowed plus the distractions. The caper was interesting but felt very shoehorned and not fleshed out properly.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Originally Posted by Hugh Jackes

I'm in exactly the other camp. I really don't give a hoot about the "who burned him and why' thread. the capers of the week are what I enjoy and I find the mythology thread to be a drag and, like The X Files, made up on the fly.

I agree that the current story arc is turning Burn Notice into X-files. I would prefer they fix the problem, not by simply eliminating it (although better that than the current implementation), but rather spend an episode or three focused on the story arc and make it go somewhere rather than 5 minutes at the start and end of every episode. This way the caper of the week episodes stand completely alone and the story arc doesn't suck.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I'm getting a bit tired of the show, myself. I mean, it's still my "must see" show, but really, get rid of Jesse, and let's get back to the business at hand. Fiona, Michael and Sam kickin butt.

And, let's make them a team again. There is too much arguement and anger between them. Seriously, it seems that Fiona gets along better with Sam now than she does with Michael.

Let's see them pull this one back around.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Randy Tennison

I'm getting a bit tired of the show, myself. I mean, it's still my "must see" show, but really, get rid of Jesse, and let's get back to the business at hand. Fiona, Michael and Sam kickin butt.

And, let's make them a team again. There is too much arguement and anger between them. Seriously, it seems that Fiona gets along better with Sam now than she does with Michael.

Let's see them pull this one back around.
Agreed, this is supposed to be lighthearted Summer fare: Popcorn TV.

I may have to dig out my Farscape and Brisco County Jr. disks.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by mattCR

Back half of Season 4 continues tonight!

Eyes Open

Really? It started tonight. My DVR didn't get it then.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Snooooore. I think I'm going to start watching the first 10 minutes of an episode and the last 10 minutes. This way I get the arc information and I'm ready for the season finale...

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Quentin

Very disappointed how the show has handled the arc over the life of the series. At this point they would be best to drop it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
"I'm not talking about closure, I'm talking about good old fashioned gutting it out" Good, light fun with some good action this week too :) Great popcorn TV

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Good episode and a great setup for the 2 hour finale. Though it was a bit sad to see that not work out for Marv.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I thought the two-hour finale was solid. I really felt like the last hour was exciting and somehow 'bigger' than their typical episode, even though much of it was confined to the abandoned hotel. Very good.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I am a little confused about the thumb drive. It looked like they could read the information but not make a copy. ??

If that was the case, then an old fashioned camera or pad and pencil could have copied the information off the screen. One of the two villains obviously read the ID numbers, (don't have a copy of the show handy) so encryption could not have been too much of an issue.

Michael didn't necessarily need a copy for his purpose - to track down the people who burned him, just the information. He might not be able to blackmail without a "copy" but take hostage, kill, torture, or threaten, post on the internet, would be possible. (probably the "After Hours Lounge")

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Loved the last two episodes. Seemed like more show mythology in them than that of all the previous seasons combined.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

Loved the last two episodes. Seemed like more show mythology in them than that of all the previous seasons combined.

I totally agree. It was a great 2 hours. Can someone refresh my memory? Have we seen the guy who opened the door at the end of the second episode before?

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I don't believe so. I recognize the actor, but am fairly certain we have not been introduced to him before.

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I totally agree. It was a great 2 hours. Can someone refresh my memory? Have we seen the guy who opened the door at the end of the second episode before?

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
The actor is Dylan Baker, whom I remember well from the excellent Murder One.

Really decent two eps. Burn Notice can certainly pull out the goods when it can be bothered, huh...

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I was certain that the character played by Baker was in Burn Notice before, but looking at imdb, I realized that he's appeared in a ton of stuff and that he's played similar "mysterious" characters here there and everywhere along the way.

Good, and interesting, end to the 4th season. Looking forward to next summer.

(can you tell that I finally saw the big finale tonight?)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Aside -- I just read today that there is going to be a TV movie prequel to the series airing shortly before season 5 begins (Spring 2011?). Jeffrey Donovan is directing, and it's telling the story of Sam Axe's last mission before his retirement and relocation to Miami. And yes, Sam is played by the Bruce. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks