What's new

Burn Notice, Season 4 (1 Viewer)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
A day less than a year after season 3 kicked off, Burn Notice season 4 kicks off tomorrow night (June 3) on USA again.

Season 3 closed with Michael capturing Simon, Management telling Michael that he has a big future, and Michael waking up in a mysterious (yet luxurious) room.

Some guest stars this season include Burt Reynolds (as a spy legend), Coby Bell (a counter-intel expert), Robert Wisdom (a spy working for those who burned Michael), and the return of Tim Matheson.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Oh, forgot -- not sure when this airs next in Canada. But this separate post is to avoid the spoilers in post #1 from showing up. I hope.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
afraid I will miss this and Warehouse 13 this year. Could no longer afford cable so took my cable box back and just local stations now. Will have to wait for the dvds.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Yep, this show is definitely on Hulu, which is where I'll be watching some of the episodes.

As I said in another thread, this marks the start of summer TV for me.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I thought tonight was a strong start to the season. Michael's character has shown some growth and tonight's ep sets up some good stuff for next week and the season.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Agree - It was a great start and I noticed that Tim Matheson had the directing credit for the premiere - cool.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I watched a bit of last season last night, and Matheson directed the season opener last year too. Gonna watch this season opener later this aft. Can't wait! :)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Ironside. Hell yeah. Even if he did die three minutes later.

So far, I like the additions. Vaughn speaking for Management works well -- he's approachable, unlike other contacts that we've seen from Management thus far. It looks like a season of slowly unraveling who the bankroll behind Simon is, while we deal with our regular clients on a weekly basis.

I really enjoyed that they're changing up Michael's relationship with his Mom a bit. She earned some of that trust in the season finale, and it's paying off. Mostly, I loved that Michael accidentally burned another spy. We'll see how much they have this play out, and how serious they get with how hard this should be for Michael.

Just in time, so many shows just had their finales, and Burn Notice rides back to save the day.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Michael accidentally burning someone is further amped up by the statement that management now has him, and in time, he'll be just like Simon. I also like Vaughn. I hope the season maintains the momentum established by the season premiere.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Hopefully, this year will be an improvement on Season 3, which burned through arcs like Management burned through spies. The series getting picked up all the way to the sixth season by USA seems to have given them an appetite to start using a slightly bigger canvas, beginning with this year.

They should be careful about not turning this into some kind of jumbled-together Alias-mess, though.

Also, it shouldn't be too spoiler-y to know that:

...Coby Bell has joined the cast as the burned spy.

Good to add a new member to the whole equation, I think.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Another pedestrian start. The motorcycle gang stuff was pretty lameo. At least it had some good chuckles.

The final moment with Michael finding out he burned an agent holds promise though. Could be a good springboard to an interesting story line with Michael re-examining his priorities as he has just done the very thing he has railed against since the series started.

Love the addition of Robert Wisdom.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This looks to be a season long storyline with the other burned spy. I just don't see how it can turnout well ;) But, it definitely makes it interesting.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Season extended!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/10/burn-notice-royal-pains-seasons-extended-to-18-episodes-in-plain-sights-reduced-to-13-for-medical-reasons/53754

Extra episodes this year. Good news for Burn Notice & Royal Pains fans.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Great to see they went to the burned spy storyline right off the bat even though the closing scene with the death promise was in no way a surprise.

Having the Coby Bell character staying with Michael's mom is a nice touch. Should lead to some interesting moments this season.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I enjoyed this week's episode, a bit more than last, although the biker gang thing was fun. The whole "gotcha" with Khan was an interesting (but not entirely unexpected) twist, and the way that Mikey interrogated Jesse was clever and believable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks