What's new

Brand Advocacy (1 Viewer)

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
Jack Briggs:D :D the old Kawi 500 triple:D ,damn that brings back some fun memories of the old 2- stroke street bikes,nothing quite like uncontrolable wheelies when you hit the power band:D .I had a couple of old Yamaha RD-350's years ago.One was a streeter and the other was a drag bike.The drag bike was nothing compared to todays 120+ HP stuff,but high 12's low 13's on a little "two smoker" was quite a ride.I just loved the sound of a good set of expansion chambers at about 10,000 RPM's:D
OK sorry to get so off topic,but its been years since I heard anyone mention the old Kawi triples.

Greg

Alan M

Second Unit
This is a great thread.The thing that annoys me the most is someone who bashes a brand without any experience of it.They have heard from others that its no good,there for ,it isnt.
This forum has helped me make many informed buying decisions.By knowing what to look for and certain faults of a particular product,I can decide which I can live with and which I cant.
If you like what you own,then you've made the right decision for yourself,but it may not be right for every1 else,and if i remember correctly,thats whats called a democracy.Having the right to a make your own decision. Btw,yes i do ride a harley,but my riding partner has a honda,and its a very fine bike.

CurtisC

Second Unit
So does this meen when someone ask about a sub,any sub,and they get the SVS treatment this is fanboyism?I see alot of this and thought it was a good product,now you say its just fanboys that are trying to make themselves feel better.Is this line of thought logical?I think not,I thought they just liked their SVS and wanted everyone to know it was a great sub at its price.OR does this only apply when Denon is being supported.This thread has been very enlightening,for the wrong reasons.For my part support who you like,say what you like,I am a big boy and can deal with whatever people type.

James Gallup

Agent
Just to add my 2 cents, I've recently upgraded my electronics to what most would consider the "High End" and there was a definate improvement in the sound that even the wife noticed(and that's saying something). That being said , I've had this nagging thought in my mind that the speakers should also be upgraded because with the "Quality" of electronics I have, that there must be better speakers out there for me:frowning: After an exhaustive search and many in home trials, the speakers I have are still the best I can find for my needs. Even as I type this I've got another website open telling the virtues of other speakers. Perception probably gets the better part of reality in a thread such as this.

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
While I have my definite preferences in electronics and speakers (and even have a "hierarchy" of brands), I have no problem with people being loyal to whatever they feel loyal to. They are tonal qualities that are fairly consistent with each manufacturer (in almost all lines, but particularly in those that I can afford) and some of those appeal to me, while others do not. Additionally, some companies seem to excel in one aspect of audio or home theater and do less well (or worse) at other aspects. This also tends to be consistent throughout their product lines. I naturally gravitate toward those manufacturers that do well in those things that are important to me. Finally, there are some manufacturers who tend to provide the "best bang for the buck" at various price points. Depending on what I would have available to spend, I might prefer one company over another.

Having said all that, I believe in loyalty to companies that I am satisfied with. I think this is a human tendency. While I do not think that one company is "best", I think that certain companies consistently produce products that are "best" for me, or best for those that are looking for the same sound qualities I prefer. I also believe that certain companies produce products that are innately superior in quality to certain other companies. Even then, choices should be based on each individuals personal values and needs... AS LONG AS THEY KNOW MINE ARE SUPERIOR;) (the phrase in caps is a joke, people).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks