What's new

Brain Dead DVD (1 Viewer)

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator
isnt the R2 non anamorphic ?

or is the OAR 4:3 ?

but i got thee feeling its 1.66:1 non anamorphic. I need to check.

EDIT: just checked, you guys must be talking about the German R2 ?

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
I'm afraid I always get a bit confused. When people talk about R2, which country are they actually referring to. R2 covers all of Europe and Japan, so there are many different R2 versions out there. I've always avoided the UK R2 as I believe that it is 4:3, can anyone confirm this.

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
The R2 is German and is listed as 1:66 non-anamorphic, which is still a drastic improvement over my rapidly disintegrating VHS copy. Whether the disc is anamorphic or not does not concern me nearly as much as whether the disc is uncut or not.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Have heard that this title is being remastered for eventual release, has anyone heard of extras to be included for a future release?

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I've seen both versions of the film, and the cut version is preferable - it is far better paced. It's worth stressing that although some of the cuts are from gory parts, there's so much gore in the rest of the movie that you're hardly missing out on anything, and certainly it's not the most extreme violence that is excised from the shorter version.

Incidentally, the reason it was passed uncut in the UK is that the censors very sensibly concluded that the whole thing was so over the top and it was so obviously played for laughs that an adult couldn't possibly be frightened by it.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait to see an SE! Maybe to tie into the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King EE (in December) or King Kong (next year)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks