What's new

Borders 40% OFF Til Saturday Only. (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
But if you local Borders is dropping media (CDs and DVDs) like several in my area are, you may already be getting 50% off all media through April 20th.

Still, I'll use this for a book for my son.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
News Flash:

Some Borders are going 75% off starting April 7. I saw the flyer being prepared at my local store yesterday. I don't know if this applies to all Borders, or just the ones dropping media, but it is happening at some of them.

Tell me this price isn't better than anything you can find on Amazon.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
This all seems so desperate on Borders part.

I think their problem stems from these endless coupons.

They trained their customers to never go there without a coupon. You can't just visit them & see reasonable prices. You have to wait for a coupon to be emailed & then rush over there that day or the next to use it.

I have lots of favorite stores (online & B&M) that I frequent. However, I simply quit frequenting Borders because I don't have time to fool with all these coupons and I knew that without it, it wasn't worth even looking.

If they would just have reasonable prices year round, people would enjoy stopping in occasionally.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

The 75% starting this Tuesday at some Borders is not a coupon. It's for everybody that walks in the store.

But I agree that if they offered competitive prices all along, they wouldn't be suddenly slashing everything to a fire price sale in a desperate attempt to bring in revenue.

Rollerderby

Auditioning
Real Name
Cody

Do you know if the 75% off is going to be for the clearance DVDs? If so, I'll be able to pick up season sets of All in The Family for $7.50!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There is already a Borders coupon thread, with a more general
"borders coupons" title.
Can we just continue to use that one since this topic has a specific 40% title and also because there is now 3 topics discussing the same things, (the closeout sale included).
Or rename this one Borders coupons thread part 2.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...s-coupons.html

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

I can't confirm what media is included. The email just came out and it seems to suggest selected items, so it's not part of the clearance, but I'd have to stop by the store to see if the clearance rate of 50% off has also gone up to 75% off. Or just call your local store. They can't hold stuff for you on clearance, but you can find out if they have it and if it's part of the sale.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Just a heads-up: there are at least two Borders stores in the Atlanta area I checked out yesterday who have already completely pulled their remaining stock of clearance DVD's, BD's, and CD's. Other stores in other markets may be doing the same thing, so call ahead to your local Borders before you go to see if they still have any clearance stuff still in stock.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
The Cumberland Atlanta store doesn't even discount all of their DVDs and the ones that are discounted are 40%.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I also live in Georgia, and the Borders I went to in Austell on Monday had 40% off all their DVDs, CDs (and apparently Blu-Rays too since there was a 40%-off sign on the Blu-ray rack, even though there was no mention of Blu-rays printed on the sign itself).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Stopped into a local store (metro Detroit) on Tuesday afternoon. They had tagged certain discs at 40% off...certainly not everything. Seasons of The Simpsons were on sale, but not The Office, for instance. Some BD's, not all. I didn't even bother to look at the regular DVD's. I didn't notice any signage by the CD's, however.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays are 50% off now at my store. (all except new-release DVDs)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
The 50% off at local Borders is for just selected CDs and DVDs. I didn't see anything I was really interested in there.

celica

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Celica
wow.. that's nice.. let's see what i could get..
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

thanks for this info..
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Just went to my Borders and the 50% Off was still just the titles from last time meaning nothing new was added. I did go on and pick up TCM for $15. I also carried around the DIRTY HARRY COLLECTION, which would have been $65 but I put it back in hopes that a bigger sale will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks