Booth Bijou Garage Theater (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You should pick up The Guillotines.

Watch it once, then use it as a demonstration piece while people arrive. The first 20 minutes is plenty.

My NB doesn't leak oil either. Shockingly...neither does my Sprite.

Dennis' Sprite is in better shape. Mine gets driven year round(even has a 13" set of Hakka). Body issues and peeling paint on the hood.

When the Gremlin is done, I might start a redo on the Sprite. Which means out of commission for a year.

But a 45yo car that has never had a 2nd paint job, looks pretty good(always kept it clean, even when driven in snow). I bought it for my 25th birthday. Always wanted a car like it. A girl in high school, she and I would cruise in her TR6. Then it seemed MGB were all over Bloomington.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have multiple different slide shows that I run during guest arrival and between the movies. These were all created by home theater enthusiasts and they are very well done (trivia, interesting movie tidbits, etc.). I play the slide shows using iPhoto on my Mac mini and choose a music playlist appropriate to the slide show (a mix of movie themes for the miscellaneous slide show, a mix of Bond film themes for the Bond trivia slide show, a mix of Pixar film themes for the Pixar trivia slide show, etc.).

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Our combination of 'The Majestic' and 'The Theory of Everything' has proven to be our most popular movie night so far. We "sold out" (20 people) in about 13 hours (the previous record was about 22 hours) and we ended up with 6 couples on our waiting list.

I am REALLY looking forward to watching 'The Majestic' for the umpteenth time. 'The Theory of Everything' is just icing on the cake! :)

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Our guests loved 'The Majestic' and 'The Theory of Everything'!

Up next in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater:

i-ctcs9qB.jpg

i-pKjZwcQ.jpg

I sent out the invitation email about 45 minutes ago and we've already received 13 reservations (out of 20 possible). This may end up being our quickest "sell out" so far!

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Yowser... our showing of 'Into the Woods' and 'Wild' "sold out" in less than 7 hours! A new record for the Booth Bijou Garage Theater!

Mark

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mark:

I just tipped off a new member (from the UK--who has also converted his two car garage into his theater) to this thread. Since I had to search for this thread to get a link to it, I found that I have just re-read it from stem to stern. A lot of fun!

It's a great concept and makes me want to institute a family movie night at my house. I don't have a dedicated HT...but enough room in my living room that I could at least have my kids, son-in-law and granddaughter over on a semi-regular basis. Probably just one film a night to start, though...

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Mike Frezon said:
Mark:

I just tipped off a new member (from the UK--who has also converted his two car garage into his theater) to this thread. Since I had to search for this thread to get a link to it, I found that I have just re-read it from stem to stern. A lot of fun!

It's a great concept and makes me want to institute a family movie night at my house. I don't have a dedicated HT...but enough room in my living room that I could at least have my kids, son-in-law and granddaughter over on a semi-regular basis. Probably just one film a night to start, though...
I also followed your link to here Mike. Very glad I did too. Inspiring setup Mark. Wonderful stuff!

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike & RMajidi! We have a lot of fun with it. Our Into the Woods/Wild movie night is this Saturday. We are still "sold out" and have 3 people on the waiting list.

On and off, I've been investigating stackable chairs so we can standardize the seating. We'd need at least 22 of them, and might be able to fit 24-25 if all of the chairs were the same size. It would be a pretty big inve$tment to buy 22+ chairs, but my bigger concern is where we'd store them (why I'm eyeballing stackable ones) and, more importantly, if my back is up to the task of dealing with them.

I really like the idea of having a consistent layout of seating. We could stagger the rows and also do reserved seating with our invites. I sat in some pretty nice stackable patio chairs at Target yesterday. Mesh cloth seat and back with nice angle on the back and decent lumbar support. Quite comfortable, actually. $29 each and they had black fabric for the seat/back with grey aluminum arms. But... No cup holders.

$700 for 22 of them including tax. Hmmmmm...

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I mentioned the idea of buying standardized chairs to a couple of friends at dinner last night. They encouraged me to ask for donations from the group (list of invitees) to help pay for the chairs. Our list of potential attendees is over 50 people. So, if everyone felt inclined to kick in $10 or so, that would take the sting out of the cost of the chairs.

But I still have to figure out how I'd handle cup holders of some sort, this isn't 1959! :)

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
We had a full house, err, garage last night. Wow, I enjoyed 'Into the Woods' and 'Wild' even more the second time, what terrific films! Our guests loved both of them!

Coming up in two weeks at the Booth Bijou Garage Theater:

i-LSwwcb3-X2.jpg

i-pVQjMWL-X2.jpg

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Coming to the Booth Bijou Garage Theater next week!

i-rdhxbrQ-X2.jpg

i-6ZkPgc5-X2.jpg

We announced the showings less than 6 hours ago and there's only 1 spot left (out of 20).

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks