What's new

Big Bang Theory - season 2 (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yeah. Like you'd tell that girl that the sound system she had spent way too much on sucked.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
You'd tell her it was just fine and you'd help her get the most out of it, just as you'd tell her that her cooking was great even if she served you lasagna that tasted like cardboard and library paste.

And, I have to admit, when I've heard some of the Bose demos (under ideal conditions) the systems sounded OK. Not worth the money they charge, not worth the lack of connections and compatibility with the rest of the industry, but not bad. Comparable to a number of entry-level HT systems. (At three or four times the price. ;))

Regards,

Joe

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
A lot of their "demos" give you the allusion of sounding good...but in a real world situation, you'd probably be unhappy with the sound.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Another winner episode... and damn if Penny wasn't amazing in that little blue number. o_O

As for the Green Lantern thing... I thought the yellow vulnerability was revealed to be caused by Parallax being stored in the Central Power Battery on Oa... and when it was released...

(Insert shocked Penny-face)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

And some give you the illusion of doing so. ;) But, seriously, now does a demo create an "illusion" of good sound. It really sounds crappy in the demo, but they somehow fool you into thinking it sounds good? No. It does sound good in the demo. It may even sound good in your house - although you could have bought something that would have sounded better for the same money or less. Or it may sound crappy in your house. Just like any other sound system you listen to in a store. Again, I am hardly pimping for Bose, but I don't think arguments should be based on blind prejudice and the denial of reality.

Regards,

Joe

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No comments on this week's episode?

Leonard: Howard...take me to a bar with women!
Howard: OK, just give me a minute to slip out of my underwear.

:laugh:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

At the expense of getting off-topic, Bose uses special tracks of well-known songs from artists such as Pink Floyd and Madonna to demo their "awesome" sound. These tracks are *not* the same as the CD tracks, nor are they simply remastered. In fact, they are altered specifically to compensate for the flaws in the Bose systems, inlcuding (but not limited to) poor low and high frequency reproduction, and an all-around thin sound. This facade also extends to the movies on their demo discs, which are not at all identical to the audio tracks you'll find on the actual DVDs of the movies whose scenes they include. These tracks usually have extremely enhanced bass (among other things) designed to showcase just how well the speakers can "bring out" the bass in movies.

Years ago, Bose was caught *by me* using a Qsound enhanced CD to showcase how their speakers could create a 5.1 effect from stereo. In fact, it was the Qsound technology doing all of the work (this is the technology arcade machines often use to create surround effects out of stereo speakers). The best part is that Bose had the balls to set up this official demo (at a home theatre show here in town) in the very city (Calgary) where Qsound Labs is based! Needless to say, that demo didn't last long, although they still use the tracks in stores like Best Buy, fooling consumers left and right.

Bose is pure snake oil, and to say otherwise *is* a denial of reality.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Guess what i'm going to say?

That's right, yet another awesome episode. ;)

I was rolling during the comic book store scene when Sheldon and Howard were rapidly going through the box going "Got it.", "Got it.".

It was like a nerdy rendition of the scene in Lady and the Tramp where they eat the same strand of spaghetti and finally end up in the middle lol.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I liked Captain Sweatpants. LOL - He reminded me of the guys that used to line up in front of ToysRUs on the mornings that new Star Wars figures were being released. :D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Are we going to get an episode of the guys camping out waiting for the new Star Trek movie?
Or just have some mention of seeing it and debating it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Oh that would be gold! :emoji_thumbsup:

The entire episode could take place in the line, if done right it could be to this show what The Chinese Restaraunt was to Seinfeld. :laugh:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I did not know this, and I've been reading Bose-bashing posts at this forum and others for years. Thanks for the information.

Joe

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I think they took the bit where comic book guy draws Penny's picture from an episode of Sex and the City where Carrie Bradshaw goes into a comic book store and the kid in there sketches her in a Wonder Woman costume.

Carrie: (referring to other patrons) "Why are they all staring at me?"
The guy replies: "To them, you are Wonder Woman."

Spero D

Second Unit

Is it wrong for me to want to see what would happen if they got together? It would be out of character for Sheldon to hook up with Penny but the consequence would be amusing
I thought she was going to lay one on him until he told her to get out

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks