What's new
World Wide Stereo

Best 5.1 in-walls for under $1000? (1 Viewer)

robd1

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob D.
I’ve decided to go with in-walls for my 5.1 setup and I need advice on choosing the best speakers I can afford. My price range is to stay under $800-$1000 for all 5 speakers (the more under the dollar budget the better considering the shape of the room.)

It’s a 2-story vaulted living room with the vault starting behind the listening area that leads up to the middle of the room, and down to above the LCD widescreen (which will be above the fireplace). The room is also open to a breakfast area and kitchen so it will not be tight sound-wise.

I have a few floor-standing subs that will work fine in any array of 5.1 speaker setup so that not an issue. I just need help on the (5) in-walls. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rob

728x90

robd1

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob D.
Well I got no posts on this thread and I wanted to give it one more shot before I made a purchase (leaning towards Phase Tech). I am just hoping to get any last suggestions before I buy. By the way I can up my spending level a few hundred if needed but I’m hoping not to.

Anyway, to further explain my use of this room, it will be a secondary home theater but it might end up being my primary movie viewing area for some time. I am hoping to be able to afford to finish the basement and transfer my current HT w/projector and screen down there but who knows. The “secondary” HT might be my primary movie watching area for quite awhile and I have to work with what I’ve got as far as the room shape.

At this point I just want decent surround, nothing fancy. I’ve got the equipment and subs to erupt any room in the house. I’ve also got this odd-shaped room with cathedral ceilings that’s opened to other rooms so I don’t want to pay overkill for in-wall 5.1 speakers that can only do so much considering the room they are in. Please, any suggestions!!

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks