What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

A little more than a month away for the premiere of season 3, and a month away from the new DVDs. I like that the show has kept a low profile this spring and summer (not a lot of articles in the press or spoilers). I predict its going to come back huge this fall. This could be its breakout year, like season 3 was for ST:TNG.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Sorry I'm getting back to this so late:

Hayes, I was referring to the fact that of all the subplots to shine a spotlight on during that 2 season re-cap, the weird, stillborn romance of Kara and Lee was VERY MUCH at the forefront of the hourlong "The Story So Far" show. Now, the show is meant to catch people up so you can know the bare minimum what you need to know in order to follow along with the early episodes of Season 3.

Why Kara and Lee's weird stuttering failed attempts at connecting romantically were put on such prominent display? I gotta believe it's a hint from the producers that we're gonna find out something about them in Season 3.

Also: I finally found Jeff Kleist, on IM. And he's seen EVERY EPISODE of the new Galactica. He watches it weekly. And he doesn't like it. Even if it was divorced from the title, he probably still wouldn't like it. He thinks Moore should have tried to resurrect Space, Above and Beyond since, to Jeff, that's what he's really remaking anyway. He does like Olmos' work, and Hatch's performances, and the episode "33" was good, but other than that, he thinks the show is very not good at all, and only watches to ensure that when he debates people, they can't say "well, how can you argue if you don't watch?"

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
That's dedication to the contrarian cause! I mean, to faithfully watch every episode of a show you don't like, just to be able to argue its demerits? Wow. If I don't like a show, I drop it -- not that I've dropped many, most times when I decide to "pick up" a show I'm in for the duration. I can't imagine forcing myself to watch something I dislike; if I were a professional critic or reviewer, yeah it would be my job, but I've got better things to do with my leisure time than watch shows I don't like -- such as shows that I do like!

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
According to the BSG panel at the WorldCon in Anaheim, the webisodes start this week or next and run up to beginning of the season.

In even better news, no mid-season break except for a couple weeks over the holidays.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Do you have to watch the web series in order or can you go back?

Our neighbor is interested and has borrowed all of the DVD's but its 3 weeks away for 2.5....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks