What's new

Average Joe (merged) (1 Viewer)

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
The only average Joe Melena showed any real attraction to was Zach. She likes Adam, but she isn't the googly-eyed schoolgirl she becomes when she's with Jason.

Enough of this talk of people being "shallow". Physical attraction is a major part of being in a relationship. I don't care how sweet and wonderful someone is, if she weighs 300 pounds and is ugly, I would NOT pursue an intimate relationship with that person. You can't just turn off biology. And that doesn't make you shallow, it makes you a human being.

She did say Adam is a great kisser, so maybe there is hope for him. If she picks him mainly because he's loaded, now THAT'S shallow...

- Cryo

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I agree completely, that's why I too put "shallow" in quotes.

However, that doesn't excuse that people behave like Zach did. Fine, if you like or don't like someone based on their looks, that is perfectly normal, however that doesn't mean you're free to ridicule them.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Zach was already "snitched" on for being a jerk. So why did he continue to say things that give the other guys things to tell Melena that make him look like an ass? Even without the cameras it was dumb. And he hardly knows those guys (except Adam) and he goes into frat house mode with them. Dumb.

- Jack

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Because Zach can only be who he is. Even after Melana told him to watch his P's and Q's, he could not help but reveal his true nature, given enough "rope to hang himself".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So Melana finally makes her pick and it's Jason, which was no surprise because it was obvious by Melana's body language that she was totally into Jason, while she was more in that "friend" zone with Adam.

And I can't believe NBC has "Average Joe II: Hawaii" on tap in one month from now.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Sounds like the Avg. Joe II gal is cream of the crop - while Melana was Miss Missouri, this one was Miss USA/America?

For those that harped on Melana for her initial reaction upon seeing the joes for the first time, the new gal will elicit some strong feelings with her acerbic comments which don't pull any punches.

The fact that Melana chose Jason...doesn't say much to me about anything. Of course she'll be crucified by some for being shallow. However Adam struck me as too jovial and sensitive.

I don't think too many women of that caliber want to freak with the michelin man/pillsbury dough boy.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I should add that my reference to the michelin man was not directed to Adam's physique. Instead, Adam was constantly smiling like the Chesire cat. When done too much, the smile comes across and insincere and more a mask for insecurity.

Melana struck me as a good looking chick with a little more between the ears. I don't think she wanted a project, which is what struck me about Adam.

ryan_x

Stunt Coordinator
I missed the season finale...can someone fill me in...im pretty disappointed that adam didnt win...he seemed to work so hard to get the girl...meanwhile the good-looking guy just sat there and looked good(and they say TV doesnt reflect reality...ya right!)....can you fill me in on what she said her reason was

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
So what did this show teach us? That looks still win over personality, hell personality and money. What a shame. Jason appeared to have zero personality IMO and I think in the end, it just came down to a physical thing with Melana hoping that after the cameras are gone this guy will loosen up and show something.

I was kinda shocked that Jason was picked, especially with her look she was giving as he was walking down the red carpet to her. Adam sure took it well though.

The Rocky montogue was quite hilarious, but just drove in the point that the good looking guy had to do nothing to win the girl, while the 'average joe' had to work his tail off to come in second.

The second season looks like it is filled with even more 'out there' guys than before. How many celeb look-a-likes did we have this time? I think it is going to happen again, starting with carrot top jumping on the couch. :) The lady they picked definately peaked my interest. Much better than Melana, but I'm going to guess that she isn't nearly as adventurous as Melana was and will thank god when the good looking guys show up.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Like Patrick said, it was pretty obvious that Melana was more into Jason in a romantic way than she was Adam. I don't know which aspects of Jason & Melanas dates they omitted, but he really seemed pretty boring. Did they do much else than kiss, talk about their surroundings, kiss and kiss some more? When he said "I don't know if I get to spend the night here" referring to Melana's bedroom at the resort I just thought "Don't worry, you'll be in there". :)

Adam seemed like a more interesting personality, but she just didn't seem to be into him that much, they never seemed to click on more than a friend level.

I guess the lesson is that beautiful people stick to beautiful people. :)

Next season looks good too. I definitely think they have a better shot of repeat success with that then Fox had with "Joe Millionaire 2". That girl looks good. :) Although I wish they would have reversed it, with a handsome guy dating a bunch of ugly women. Maybe they're saving that for season 3. :)

/Mike

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
In a few years when the infatuation wears off and she and Jason are living in a trailer park she'll wish she'd picked Adam.

The new show looks great. The "Joes" seem even dorkier, the "studs" like jerks, and the girl is hot and sounds like a bitch! Should be entertaining.

Yeah I like the handsome guy/ugly women reversal idea for a future version...

- Jack

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit

Agreed. I knew Jason would win because she was always all over him while it seemed Adam had to ask for a kiss or do something to earn a kiss.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Whore.

Maybe she can move to CA, and live by Jason's parent's house. How are the sleep overs going to work at Mom & Dad's? This chick is just another notch on this guy's belt. Why she doesn't see it, I'll never know.

They won't last long.

Whore.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Did anyone else catch the first part of "The End" by the Doors (the same part that plays in the beginning of Apocalypse Now) twice diring Melena's dates with Adam. Once, while they were in his room (I just barely caught that one, the pacing was a little slowed down) then during the overnight date, they played it for at least a minute. Both my wife and I looked at each other at the same time and were like, "is that what I think it is?" then we were thinking "do the editors really know the words to that song?" when Jason came out first and Melena started her fake out speech, but she pulled the big SIKE! on him and invited him to the plane.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Whore? Melana would have been more whorish if she picked Adam who had the money, but elicited no passion from her.

I find it perfectly acceptable that she picked someone she wanted passionately and was more romantically compatible with, regardless of his financial standing.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Could we keep the misogynistic comments to a minimum?

And if she had chosen Adam? Would she be criticized for simply choosing him for his money? And labelled something similar?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Scott, seriously man, what the hell is your problem?

I thought it was pretty sweet that she picked the guy she was attracted to. Sure, Adam might have had a better personality (from what we saw), but there just didn't seem to be any spark between them. Attraction comes in different forms, and apparently this time it was the most common form, physical.

I would be surprised if the Jason & Melana thing lasts, but that's not really the point of the TV show, IMO. I certainly can't fault her for wanting to have fun with a handsome guy. :)

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
In a few years when the infatuation wears off and she and Jason are living in a trailer park she'll wish she'd picked Adam.
I thought Adam had put himself in play for sure when she saw how successful he has been. In two years Jason will still be an actor/student/waiter and Adam will be on his next mill. I think she may regret this pretty soon, and was hoping that he would say something like, call me if it does not work out.

Jason looks like he was dealing with a half deck upstairs, he could not even play checkers.

In the end, Adam will see more action than ever from this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks