What's new

Average Joe (merged) (1 Viewer)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Can't say that I blame her, The "average Joes" are a pack of losers who don't make up for their lack of looks with personality. The three model guys came in and acted like gentlemen.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The "average Joes" are a pack of losers who don't make up for their lack of looks with personality. The three model guys came in and acted like gentlemen.
Couldn't agree more. The final tag line was "Will the average Joes win her heart with their personalities, or will looks prevail with the new guys" or something like that. But I'm sure these guys aren't without personalities. Like you said, they all acted like gentlemen, and didn't make some goofy "Yes (pumping arm)" gesture after hugging her. Now what would be funny and a true test of personality over looks would be if these guys acted liked assholes or really stuck up, or were flat boring with no energy.

Those three "not so average Joes" sure were stereotypical 'hot' guys. You have the curly haired muscular guy, the tidy-well groomed muscular guy, and the mysterious shying behind his long hair muscular guy. :D

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
I suppose if they called the show Losers or Dorks, many of these guys might have not even agreed to participate.
Actually, that wouldn't have mattered. I heard a radio interview with one of the guys. They weren't told the name of the show until they were locked in. They thought is was something completely different. I forget what he said they were told the show was about.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone still watching this?

I just watched last nights episode, and the show has turned the corner and started to get interesting for me.

She booted one of the originals last night, that I didn't expect.

From the previews, next week looks very interesting:

It looks like melena puts on a fat suit to test the guys to see who is interested in her just for her looks.

I am going to have to tune in to see how that comes out :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The shows doesn't outright suck, and it's more of a "can an average joe attract this lady given the temptation behind door number 1, 2 or 3?" My problem is that I don't really have a favorite to root for in this whole exercise, so it's mainly for the trainwreck/insecurity issues on display.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I like the Adam dude. I think he is genuine, and trying the hardest. He works out like a fool, every day. And I didn't like the fact that she kicked off the dude from Wisconsin who gave her a rock.

She practically wrapped her legs around that new waiter guy with the short hair. He'll be a good provider making tips.

Whore.:thumbsdown:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Whore? What do you want her to do, hold their hands? Oh yeah, how awful, she kisses several guys on a dating show. That obviously makes her a whore. :rolleyes

I still enjoy the show a lot. I wasn't really clear on whether it's Melana they've put in a fat suit, or another actress, but either way it's brilliant, we'll get to see how "shallow" the guys are. :)

I was glad she got rid of the Wisconsin-guy, what a weird little dude. Did he have to sing that awful song all the time? :)

I like Adam too, he seems like an honest and good person. Zach seems like somewhat of a chameleon, trying to change to blend in in every environment.

The new guys seemed pretty cool, but I agree with Melana, a little too much information right away from the Venezuela guy.

I'm looking forward to the hidden cameras next week, and the fat-suit thing. :)

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Yeah that's her in the fat suit pretending to be her own cousin. I guess she gets to watch their "hidden camera" reactions to her after she leaves. They already showed Zach saying "You mean the fat ugly cousin?". HAHAHA... She already suspects he's an ass. This is the nail in his coffin.

She dumped the foreign stalker Jesus-freak guy. I think he was a co-dependent clingy kind of guy who would eventually require a restraining order. Good move on her part.

The little nerd guy should be proud he lasted this long, but I knew he was doomed before the show even aired. He was the last of the "dead weight" to trim off. He was also in his own world of self-delusion over the perceived "connection" he had with her. This is the whole reason we watch this show, the sadistic viewing of other's emotional ruin :emoji_thumbsup:

The chauffeur is a goner. He's great until he opens his mouth and reveals he is braindead.

I too am rooting for Adam. He is the only guy there with a sense of humor. If he looked like the Venenzuelan guy he'd have this wrapped up.

The pretty boy waiter seems a little too fake to me. She's attracted to him but I think she suspects something ain't quite right with him.

As for her being a whore? Making out with a waiter is an odd definition of that.

- Jack

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/01/03

Loved watching Zach get punked the worst last night. He really got downgraded after using the DUFF moniker on the "cousin".

The reveal (a la Scooby Doo moment) was pretty funny.

From the upcoming teaser for the 2-hour finale next week, it appears that Adam is far from the average Joe in the bank account arena, so Melana's choice will come down to physical compatibility and less financial security over average Joe looks with good sense of humor and more financial security

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Melana seems really smitten with the good looking waiter. The 2nd alone date provided yet another kiss(es) from heaven...she always seems swept away afterwards.

The only negative on the part of the waiter is that Melana seems to be frustrated with getting an accurate guage on his genuine feelings, and whether it's sincere and substantial (I like you, I like you, I like you!!??).

My guess is that despite the surprise discovery of Adam's riches
at the end, Malena will choose the waiter.

While she did good to choose the best from the average joe camp, Adam appears too goofy, nasal, and friendsy to select as relationship (or more likely, hop in the sack) material.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
That was an interesting episode. :)

Mike was way too boring to keep, so no surprise that he got the boot.

The only thing they showed from the date Melana had with Jason was the kissing. Man, she loves to kiss that guy. :) But when she pressed him on their "connection" later on, he didn't have much to come up with. He says he likes her, but hey, why wouldn't he? :) From what they've shown, there doesn't seem to be much connection past the kissing...

Adam seems to have a good connection with Melana, they seem to be having a good time and relaxing. The physical aspect of it seems to be missing so far though... still, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it. The stuff he said about Melanas "cousin" wasn't as mean spirited as what they showed Zach saying, it was of a more humorous nature.

Zach... man, he blew it. :) I sort of agree with him that it was a dirty trick, but this is TV, and it made for some good footage. :) He's always trying to blend in with whoever group he is with, and I think that this time he was playing it up for them to show he's one of them... however, I think that him being with the guys is a more genuine side of him than him being with Melana. The other guys behave sort of the same way in all situations, but Zach almost switches between personalities.

The reveal was cool. I loved the expression on Zach's face, he knew he had blown it when she said they had hidden cameras in the pool house. Adams reaction was fun, he seemed to take it in good stride.

Go Adam! :)

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
It was a great twist, but the outcome was pretty much expected as you knew Zach would bury himself. I do somewhat agree with him that guys act much different with guys being "one of the boys" versus hanging out with a girl. Although I do think that it revealed more of his true side than what Melana had seen.

I thought the most interesting part of last night's show was the effect the fat suit had on Melana when she was walking the street, not getting help or noticed (even called a hog) by people.

I think she picks Jason in the end, which is kind of ironic considering the title of the show. (Obviously she had no idea what the name of the show was while taping it).

Some info on Adam and what everyone is referring to from the trailer for next week's show. 2 of my good friends went to both High School and College with Adam, and one of them lived in his building here in Manhattan (I'll put it in spoilers just in case)

Adam's dad is very, very wealthy and bought Adam a trading firm to work at. He does have money, but none of it is his, it's all his Dad's. He didn't earn a penny of it, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out next week.

todd stone

Screenwriter
i think she is full of it.

she dresses in a fat suit to see what ppl think about looks and how inner beauty is more important, BS!

When she was in the LIMO all she kept saying to the one guy was how pretty he is, how attracted to him she is etc etc.

she's so full of it.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Personally I wouldn't have liked "the cousin" either just by how she acted, not how she looked. Some of this could have just been the restrictions caused by the makeup, but she didn't show any like-ability to any of the guys when they came in to greet her. She wouldn't even shake his hand. The friend was much 'active' in that area. Even something as simple a friendly nod after the questions. 'Cousin' was just a blank face, again mostly because of the makeup.

I thought the comment about her looking like Monica from from HS was hilarious. Of couse they look similar, they are both skinny girls in fat makeup. :D

Adam's response to the reveal was pretty amusing. He acted like he was at a magic show. Poor Zach, guess he didn't know that Frathouse terms don't win the ladies over.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree about the way the "cousin" acted, but that was obviously because Melana was nervous and the restrictions the suit imposed. For example, the handshake that she refused, I wonder if that was because she had rubber on her fingers to make the chubbier.

I don't think her behaviour justified the things Zach said. I know a lot of people would probably say the same things he did, but that doesn't make it any better.

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
She is just as shallow as everyone else, do you remember her reactions when she first saw all the "average joes". The only reason she stuck around was because she gets some money from the network. I'm sure that she has developed feelings for the guys over time but her initial reaction was just the same as the guys' when they saw her in the fat suit.

She's just as shallow as the rest of them, i predict she picks adam because of the money.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
MickeS,

Good point, I didn't think about the chubby fingers, if she had them. :D And Zach definately got what he deserved. It was a pretty good makeup job though to fool them like that. Her second appearance wasn't nearly as good though, prostetics were really bunching up around the cheeks.

BTW, what did the guy say that was almost completely bleeped out? And who was it that said it?

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Zach was an ass and got what was coming to him. I couldn't believe he tried to sweet talk his way out of being kicked off. F* him!

Adam is also an ass. Maybe they (show) aren't showing the "bad" side of the good looking guys (it's not inconceivable the show is slanted :D ), but Adam is so full of himself it's not even funny.

I think Jason really is a better fit. He seems more secure with himself, and when I watch them together, they 'click' very, very well. Adam and Melana while 'cute' together, they don't really click as a couple.

And yes, the show is average Joe, but it was the show that 'mixed' it up with the new contestants. In the end it could and so far in my opinion will back fire on teh show because Jason is a better fit. If Melana picks Adam, I think she did it to make a point it's not about looks, but wedding bells will not exist after the show, let alone their relationship

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks