What's new

Average Joe (merged) (1 Viewer)

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I liked when the New York jerk smashed the egg on the 5' 4" dork's head. Must have been a serious high school flashback for that poor dude.
You guys are not going to believe this, but my dad called me last night and told me about the show and said Marc Marcuse was on it. He was on the business end of that egg attack and believe me it was a flashback to school.

I was buddies with him when we were kids in Los Angeles. I haven't seen him since high school. He hasn't changed a bit- same sense of humor, same height, but less hair.

What a trip- I have to watch this now.

GO MARC!!!

Brian-W

Screenwriter
What was with the Baywatch beach moments every time they went back to the girl?
As Patrick pointed out, I think this show is a little too scripted. I mean, aside from the Baywatch moments, just before the guys got out of the bus, when the camera pans down and 'just in time' catches her legs doing that magical "I'm already smitten" move, that kinda blew it for me.

It's almost a little too perfect, which for me = fake or the show is 'helped' along.

As for the groups, you got geekdom on one side, and wannabe frat boys on the other. Both groups fail to realize that they're equally pathetic and no better than the others.

What I hope happens is everything the audience saw BEFORE she meets the guys is shown to Melana later. The obsessive drinking, the cruel treatment of others, the smack talking ('I'm way better looking than those guys), and the general stupidity that these guys engaged in. It was far worse initially than the other shows with similar subject matter.

Well, everyone loves a trainwreck so I'll be tuning in each week to watch. Thank God Joe Millionaire is on again (I liked the show)

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I didn't get a chance to watch this show. I'm aware of the concept from the promo.

Did anyone watch the show? If so, how was it?

-bruce

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
About an inch or so below on the screen (currently) there's a thread with the exact same title as this one, talking about the show... can't believe you missed it. :)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
She seems rather generic. Of course, beggars can't be choosers. :)

Three months after returning from MISS USA, Melana graduated with honors from Park University. With a B.A. in Communication Theory and Human Relations, she received such awards as an All-American Scholar, placement on The National Dean's List and Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
How the heck did she get on the Dean's list? And be an "All-American Scholar"? I really hope she has actual academic accomplishments besides looking and acting pretty in beauty pageants.

At least Tera Patrick has a degree in microbiology. :D

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Meh... Drew Bethel's seen better-looking women at the Mall of America :D

Seriously... She's what I call "faux-pretty". At first sight, she looks great. Then you notice the inflated lips and the nose that almost touches her upper collagen receptacle. Passable, at best.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
This show is loaded with celebrity look-alikes... Next time watch for...

M. Night Shamalan : Creepy Indian dude

Jamie Kennedy : Guy who washes other people's clothes

Dead lawyer from "The Practice" (gunned down in parking garage) : Chubby balding guy

Jay Mohr : The jerk who breaks the egg on the dork

Carmen Electra : The Girl

- Jack

ToddS

Stunt Coordinator
Also
Adam looks like Joey from Friends
Brad looks like Darren from Bewitched

NicholasL

Second Unit
Not sure if you guys know, or if I'm spoiling it, but near the end they bring in a group of really good looking model guys to stir things up a bit.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think that counts as a spoiler, but it's not like it was unpredictable. Although I watched the first show I think my interest has already faded.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I hate to say that I watched it.

I thought the way they introduced the guys was brilliant. The good-looking guy in the limo, and then when the bus pulled up I laughed out loud.

I was pleased that she ultimately eliminated some of the better looking guys. Personally, I would have eliminated broccoli guy - that was just a bit creepy (but perhaps she kept him on just to find out why he asked that).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks