What's new

Average Joe (merged) (1 Viewer)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
You go Adam.

Jason and Melena are cut from the same cloth. Both aren't the brightest and just like to look at each other. I also got the impression that Jason is pretty vanilla with minimal personality.

I think I'll only watch the first ep of AJ2 for the reaction of the gal. I really didn't care for the razzing and stuff that went on between Zach and the others. Even the good looking guys were more civil to the AJ's than Zach (Zack?) was early on. It's even seems to be worse this time around with what 8? model looking guys joining in w/bad attitudes.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Did anyone else catch the first part of "The End" by the Doors
Yes I caught this. I looked over at my wife and said "Why are they playing THE END during Adam's date? Are they trying to tell us something?" Thought maybe it was a subtle hint he was a goner. Don't know if they intended it or not, but if so it was clever.

I think the guys who came off well on the show (Dennis, John, Adam) and got booted probably are being flooded with offers for dates, so I don't feel too sorry for them.

- Jack

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I didn't see the previous eps but my gf made me watch this finale. I don't understand why all of you are saying Adam has such a "great" personality. He seemed pretty awkward around women and not too exciting to me. She referred to him as funny but I guess those funny moments must have been used up in previous eps.

If Adam still had a slim chance then he zero chance when he pouted in the limo. His insecurities about himself and his competition completely took him out of the running. It was obvious that if she chose him that it would be all about the money because they had zero chemistry.

What I hate about these reality shows is how everyone on there is "amazing" as in "Melana is an 'amazing' woman." Can we be more general in describing what we like about the person?

Interviewer: So, Melana, what do you think of the guys?
Melana: Jason is a pretty amazing person and Adam has such an amazing personality.
Interviewer: So, guys, what do you think of Melana?
Jason: Melana is so great and amazing.
Adama: What I like about her best is her amazing-ness.

Why can't they be honest and say, "I really don't know this person since we have only known each other for a month. When I do see her, there are two cameras constantly following us so I still have no idea how she is in real life. But she is hot and I wanna bang her so much. My obsession with seeing her breasts makes me think everything about her is perfect and amazing. Even though I don't know her at all, my imagination is going to fill in the blanks and make her into a goddess. When she burps, it will be the burp of a goddess. I will try to say and do everything I should do to make me seem perfect too."

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Adam = insecure, too sensitive, self-centered (cared more about his feelings), and a future emotional basket case. I know someone almost identical to his personality.

Jason = too quiet, possible skeletons in the closet, but when they're together they 'click' and are comfortable with each other. I suspect there was a lot we didn't get to see and weighed heavily in Adam's favor. After all, it is 'Average Joe'

Adam never seemed like anything more that a good buddy that kisses his friend. And yes, I picked up on the Doors 'The End', thought it was hilarious. Was waiting for Melana to jump in and start singing "Adam...I want to.....aahahahahahahhah"

Lastly, for Adam being so 'well off' why does he live in a small apartment with a room mate? Insecure being on his own?

This series should have ended two shows ago.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Do you think Melana was asked by the producers to get it down to one pretty boy and one average joe? I would guess yes, just because booting all of the average joe's with 3 shows left kinda kills the title. Guess we'll really find out with season 2, especially with so many good looking guys showing up this time versus just 3 last time.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I suspect manipulation too. Say you were told that there was this show with ugly men, one of them a millionaire, and about midway they throw in some pretty boys. If all I knew about the show was the previous sentence then I would have laid down a bet in Vegas with all the money I could have saved, borrowed, or stole. I would have bet that the two finalist would be a pretty boy and the millionaire.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Well I'm very happy that Melana chose Jason over Adam. They make a great couple. Like a few people had said, Melana had more of a friendship going on with Adam and more of a romantic thing with Jason.

While watching the show, a couple of friends and I were debating on which guy was more of an "average joe." I think Jason is more "average" despite his looks because being a millionaire does not make a person average. What do you guys think?

SarahG

Second Unit
I don't like this Melena at all right now..ugh.
and i can't freaking beleive the fact that there is ANOTHER one...wow

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Adam should have played his "Money" Hand a lot earlier in the game, maybe she would have treated him as a real player instead of making the producers happy as suggested above.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Why can't they be honest and say, "I really don't know this person since we have only known each other for a month. When I do see her, there are two cameras constantly following us so I still have no idea how she is in real life. But she is hot and I wanna bang her so much. My obsession with seeing her breasts makes me think everything about her is perfect and amazing. Even though I don't know her at all, my imagination is going to fill in the blanks and make her into a goddess. When she burps, it will be the burp of a goddess. I will try to say and do everything I should do to make me seem perfect too."
LOL! No kidding, Hunter. Now THAT would make it interesting.

I think Adam lives in an apartment with a roommate because real estate in NY is DAMN expensive. Living in a decent part of town in an apartment probably costs him a bundle. Having a net worth of a million bucks isn't going get you a big fabulous pad in the best part of town in NY.

- Cryo

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
If Adam still had a slim chance then he zero chance when he pouted in the limo. His insecurities about himself and his competition completely took him out of the running. It was obvious that if she chose him that it would be all about the money because they had zero chemistry.
My feelings exactly, Hunter. That pout session, all the while Melana trying to comfort him, was cringeworthy...childish silent treatment redux.

Where is it written that a pretty woman can only substantiate her morals and character by choosing an average guy (and in this case, one with a goofy character)? I suspect that hurt pride borne from scorned love by a crush on a higher caliber is speaking when people trash Melana for her decision. ;)

On the Today Show, Melana and Jason admitted to Matt that they haven't seen each other at all in seven months since their getaway at the end of the show...so there was no relationship. But it could 'turn on a dime'.

To me, this proves that Melana did choose based on character - she knew Adam wanted more, and wasn't at a point in her life to commit. Jason was a 'treat' at the end of the show, something she could walk away from without remorse or fear of hurting someone's feelings (Adam).

Come on...after news of Andrew & Jen's breakup (and countless other misfires), a contestant would have to be a fool to believe that these shows could forge longlasting meaningful relationships.

Knowing this, Malena made the decision to play along on the show, but not play with her future.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Actually I think they're not allowed to be together until after the show airs, otherwise sneaky reporters would see them together and ruin the end of the show. That requirement right there kind of stomps out a relationship before it even starts.

- Jack

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Did anyone else catch Adam's interview on the CNN show 360 with Anderson Cooper. It was sooo funny! Adam seemed pissed off about the whole thing. When Cooper asked him if he thought Melena was truly sad to see him go, he replied "Oh, yeah, she looked so sad with that big smile on her face" :) He also said that his phone number was shown somewere on one of the net forums, and the night of the final show, he was getting phone calls until 5AM from people congratulating him for getting so far, and trying to cheer him up.

Marc.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Kind of a strong word to use since you don't even know me, isn't it? Misogynistic - I don't hate women. If I call someone from Canada ignorant, does it mean I am hateful of every Canadian? No.
I believe he was referring to the comments you posted, rather than you as a person.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I suppose you're right, Patrick. It was just a shame to see the underdog get dumped in such a hypocritical way.
That's an ignorant comment. Why? Melana was SCREWED no matter who she picked.

If she picked Jason, it's because he's good looking. If she picked Adam, it was because he's rich.

I think Melana got f'd over with this show.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, poor girl...got to live in a mansion, go on expensive dates all over the US, and face time on TV every week...yeah, she got totally screwed to the max. Was it a no win situation whichever way she went with picking? Yeah, but to say she got "f'd over with this show" warrants no basis. Just another dating show, that obviously wasn't going to work from the start, but had it's entertaining moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks