What's new
World Wide Stereo

Athena F2's and Center Channel (1 Viewer)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
If you want a great price, get them in Canada!

We have Athena, you have SVS. Lets trade. :D

728x90

RyanCai

Grip
I'm not sure if this has been mention but the P-400 subs are also on sale. Normally 399, they have them for 299 at BB.

I have my setup for almost 2 weeks now & completely blown away on how clear the sound of the Athenas.

As-f2
As-r1
As-C1
P-400

If i add another sub would that make any difference? What sub would you recommend to add to this?

Drew_W

Screenwriter
If you're thinking about adding another sub, I'd return the P-400 you already have and then take all that money and buy an SVS.

JeremyBurgess

Auditioning
I also have AS-F2 fronts, AS-B2's for surrounds, and the AS-C1 center channel--going on two years in May. They are hooked up to HK AVR 520. I have been very pleased with the setup. In fact, I think I underestimated the speakers for a while--I always knew they were good but thought they fell somewhat short of my Grado Rs-1 headphones in the music department(the fact that the Grados cost as much as all the Athena's combined might have something to do with that!).

Well, this X-mas we picked up the Denon 2200 dvd player. Multi-channel SACD and DVD-A have revealed just how good these speakers really are--the Grado's have been collecting dust now for a few months! I can't say the Athena's "outperform" the Grados, two different animals; but I now have equal respect for both pieces of equipment. The Athenas are well worth the online price at BB quoted above.

As for the F2's without a subwoofer . . . I'd be interested to hear about F2's with an SVS . . .?

A friend of mine has had the same setup for about a year or so, and we both have concluded that we ought to get a subwoofer--esp. for movie watching. I just ordered the SVS 2039pci --due here on Friday. BTW, thanks to all who have posted here about SVS--after quite a bit of searching and reading, I feel confident on the purchase. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Good luck with your purchase,
Jeremy

RyanCai

Grip
Drew_s - Do you have have Athena's w/ SVS? Did you have the P-400 before that? I'm very curious of what's the differnce?

Jeremy, please keep us updated once you receive your SVS.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
Im running AS-F2s with no subwoofer. When i first got them i had the bass at +10, put them to large and made the bass: Mains. That was my old HT room where i was only like 8ft away from the tv and it was able to rumble my chest. Now there in a new room 12-15ft away and off the ground (hard to explain) and im gettin no bass at all from the distance, even though close up they work there asses off. It'd make more sense for me to put bookshelves were the floorstandings are cause of the space and house i got the floorstandings perched up, but i like there sound so much i had to improvize.

Im about to purchase a B4+ with a 2400 watt amp. Im goin from no sub at all striaght to a beast. Gonna take me awhile to build up my nerves.

I've heard every damn floorstanding under $1,000 within 50 miles and the only thing i've ever heard that i liked alittle bit more were Sapphire ST2Bs. Im glad you can get speakers that sound that good at that price or this hobby REALLY wouldnt be for alot of people. Im pretty sure once i get rid of this weak reciever and get seperates im not gonna want to get new speakers until they wear out. Plus, there big, my favorite combo!

If they made an AS-F3 i'd be all over it like a cheap suit.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I'm running mine with a P300. Which *WAS* ok, and it does do boom, but it doesn't do room filling bass. I wish I could get an SVS, but the cost is just a little prohibitive what with having to import it to Canada and whatnot. The P300 was bought as a hold-over sub. I might just grab a P400 in addition to it, or to replace it and see how that does, but it's far from a priority for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks