What's new

Athena F2's and Center Channel (1 Viewer)

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to purchase these, any idea where I can get them for the least amount of money?

BestBuy has them for $600/pair with 10% off.

When I checked the Best Buy website, it looks like the AS-F2's are on sale for only $199.99 each now. That's the best price I've seen them for.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Dayum, $199 (ea) is a steal for those speakers. Hmm ... let me think of a way to get them into my house without the wife knowing.

Home theater gear is much harder to conceal than computer upgrades (memory, hard drive, new video card, etc.) It seems like with my computer upgrades, my wife was very oblivious. Now with HT ... that's another story.

Anyway, thanks for the "heads up" on the sale pricing, Ryan.

Also, the store price could still be $600 per pair. Just to be safe, order the items from their Web site and select the option to pick them up at the store to ensure you get the good price. I've noticed this happening on more than a few of my recent purchases from BB - so, now, I try to buy the item on-line and head to their store to pick it up.

Actually, Wayne, I was in the store tonight to pick up Matrix Revolutions and stopped by the Athenas to check things out. Sure enough, no mention of the sale price.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
I had to check it out last night...my BB had them at the sale price of $199 each. Sounded pretty good. They also had the new R1's...but they were not on display yet. Unfortunately they had no center channel's in stock - not even a display model to listen to. With free shipping, might as well order online...can't fit those monster F2's in my car anyway.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
just be happy that you can buy single in the U.S.!

I hate being forced to buy a pair to get an extra for the center, so I ended up wtih a C1.

Brent

I'll take a look at the r-1s when they come out in Future Shop.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
Went to my local electronics store and showed them the Best Buy prices and asked them if they could beat the price. They are selling me 2 AS-F2's, 2 AS-R1's and an AS-C1 for $695(US) plus tax. Guess this shows how big the mark-up is on speakers!

JimV

Auditioning
chris, i've had my f2s for about 3 weeks now and they just keep getting better! pull the trigger, they're awesome! i gave mine about 3 days of low to moderate listening and then i rocked em hard, not even a hiccup! the bummer is i paid $600 at BB and 3 weeks later they go on sale, and they won't do anything about it, outside of me sending them back at my expence and then ordering new ones, what a hassle. anyway, i think you'll love em!

Chuck_W

Second Unit
JimV - glad to hear your praise for the f2's since I just ordered a set (sorry about the timing/price). Do you have any other Athena's in your set-up?

Chris - Let us know if and when you get something...good luck.

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator
Jim if you bought them at BB they do price match for 30 days just take your receipt to the store and they credit the difference

JimV

Auditioning
chuck, no i don't have any others in my setup now, i have infinity's in the back, and i have a jvc 56wp74 that has a center channel input so thats what i run for a center(when i play just the tv, most people think i have a sub going and they flip when they find out it's just the tv speakers)

i do plan on getting some athena b2s for the back, seen some on ebay for $150 a pair

jon, i bought them at best buy online, and they don't do that for online purcheses, sat on the phone for a half hour moving up the managerial chain with no success

Vince. V

Agent
I have 2- AS-F2 fronts, 2 AS-B2's for surrounds, the AS-C1 center channel, and the AS P-400, and I would recommend getting the subwoofer, or getting a subwoofer period. The p-400 is a good Sub, and for movies and music its really good it adds so much extra oooomf to everything, I havent got anything bad to say about the speakers, I got the AS-F2's at 519 bucks(for2) Canadian(from futureshop). The speakers sound good by themselves I guess, but if you wanna really feel explosions in moives, and like deep bass from music get the SUB, you wont be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks