What's new

Any pet-peeves with your spouse? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Most dishwashers have a slide that you have to push to the side to lock it during operation. Some models do it automatically, but they all lock during operation.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

If this is the case, then the Ask-er must accept the Ask-ee's response without groaning, saying "yuck," or any kind of other response that indicates "I don't want to go there."

You asked, I picked, end of discussion. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
EXACTLY! It infuriates me when someone asks me "Where do you want to go?", I repsond, and they go "I don't want to go there!" :angry:

Hunter P

Screenwriter

Yup, it's part of the rule. It really isn't much of a problem since there is usually at least ONE edible item on every menu. For instance, I don't like sushi but if we went to a sushi bar then at least I can at least eat teriyaki chicken. I don't like seafood but almost all seafood restaurants offer steak.

If someone really wanted to have a certain dish then they should put forth the effort of making the suggestion before the rule even has to be invoked.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Another one from the ex: it's probably against her religion to order anything as is on the menu.

From fast food to nicer restaurants, every friggin item she orders must be altered in some way - substitute this for that, leave out X, add extra Y etc... the bane of waiters and waitresses everywhere.

--
H

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Sorry for being anal but of the three dishwashers that I have owned in my life none have has a slide that you had to engage to "lock" it....unless you mean ensuring that the "latch" is fully engaged on the door, but as far as not being able to open it during operation by use of a "lock" none that I have owned have had this, you just press the latch button and the door opens.
Again sorry for being anal but I have never seen a dishwasher with this feature so the phrase "lock the dishwasher" sounded to me like someone saying "make sure to lock the refrigerator" or "lock the stove". ;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Oh Jesus, I HATE that! Especially if your in the drive through at a fast food joint.....you want to scream "LOOK, THIS ISN'T Café ANTHONY'S, OK? IT'S A FRIGGIN TACO BELL DRIVE THRU AT LUNCH HOUR !!! WHY DO YOU FUCKIN PEOPLE ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE AT THE WINDOW TO SUDDENLY CHANGE EVERYTHING ON THE ORDER?!?!?".

......or something like that.;)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

And your point is what? That if you haven't had one, they don't exist?
I can tell you they do as I have one right now. Might not be true for newer models, but the one in my kitchen has a latch along the top and the only way to lock the door is to slide it to the right. Believe me, if you forget to lock it, have the mop at the ready.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, growing up, I've always had the dishwashers (probably about 3 in total) with the sliding locks. In my new place, this is the first time I've ever had one without one.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm? Time to break out the digital camera. My old apartment had one. I'll try to take a snap shot (if someone doesn't beat me to it).

p.s. and if you post a photo of my old dishwasher before me, I'm gonna beat your a** for breaking into my old apartment :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
If it's your old apartment, then don't you live somewhere else now? Is it condemned/abandoned, or does a relative/friend live there now, or...?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

,I certainly wasn't saying they don't exist, I was saying that since I had never seen a dishwasher with this feature before the phrase....etc. etc. etc.
Why would I say "sorry" and add a winky if the intent was ignorant or debating?

Understand now?

Colton

Supporting Actor
Here's another pet-peeve:

When I have the air conditioner going and she goes outside "for just a second" she leaves the door wide open. :angry: This drives me crazy!!! I don't care if you go outside for half-a-friggin-second - CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND YOU!!!

- Colton

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Well....if I understand what you and the others are describing one is a manual sliding lock that needs to be engaged before starting the washer, like you said, and the other is simply an automatic latch that insures the door is firmly closed but not exactly "locked".
The one you described I have never seen on any of the washers that I have owned over the years, so I didn't know what you meant...like I said.

Oh, BTW my self-cleaning stove, which I have had for about seven years now, doesn't have a lock of any sort.

:) You know, this reminds me very much of some arguments I would have with a certain ex-girlfriend of mine, she would misunderstand something I had said, assume it was critical of her, and get angry at me and even though I would clearly explain to her what I had said and that it wasn't meant to be critical of her she would still hold on to the anger she had felt before, needing to vent it somewhere....namely me.....funny. :rolleyes

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Try to open it when the self-cleaning cycle (or washing cycle) is on, I assure you it is locked. Some lock automatically, some lock manually, but they all lock in some way. Which is all I was saying about the dishwasher.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Jeff, look, I just walked over to my stove, turned on the cleaning cycle and opened the door. Mine doesn't do it and the one I owned before didn't either (that I can remember at least).

Additionally I'm saying that the dishwashers that I have owned over roughly twenty years of owning them do/did not lock manually or automatically in any way during the cleaning cycle, you can walk right up and open them during the cleaning cycle and rearrange the dishes if need be. I am not saying that they don't exist because I have never seen them, I am saying that since none of the one's I have ever owned did this I didn't understand what you (actually DonRoeber to begin with) meant...go back and re-read my "sorry for being anal" post, this is all it was saying. I swear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks