What's new

Any DVD news on the classic movie: Bad Santa? (1 Viewer)

SvenS

Second Unit
I don't know about anyone else but my definition of a "Classic" film is one that is held in high regards for many years before it can EVER be called a Classic. The three LOTR films are at this time blockbuster hits but they are NOT classics yet! They will most definately be considered Classics 20 years from now.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Terry Zwigoff's previous films didn't have commentary so it's not surprising that "Bad Santa" doesn't, either.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
What a horrible cover, with that "der" there. WTF? Why are they changing the film's name? Isn't "The Unrated Version" enough? Ugh, so lame. Any specs for this? Maybe the unratedness is comprised of the deleted scenes on the regular edition...

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
hmm. interesting.. I was just making a guess about an unrated version. I didn't think they do one. I got the impression when watching the movie, there was more stuff.

JACOB

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Is the unrated version a directors cut? I don't know the history of this film, so I don't know if Zwigoff had to compromise the film in any way.

The cover is lame, but somehow Lauren Graham make it alright:b

They have to nix the "Bad-DER" though. (but keep Graham).

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I like the cover. .I have seen worse covers then that.

JACOB

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I dont like the "Bad-der" but otherwise I like it as well.

This movie was hysterical!:emoji_thumbsup:

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Since when do Buena Vista do unrated DVDs? Or is it because it's a Miramax film? I'll be picking this one up, btw. :)

Chris

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
unlike big movies like lotr and star wars.. bad santa only cost 18 million to make.. it did make a profit.

bad santa will probably be more of a cult classic in the years to come..
the movie did get better reviews then the movies that were released at the same time.. like haunted mantion, the missing, and timeline.

JACOB

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Like previously mentioned profit doesn't equal classic

Anyway... Looking forward to the unrated (although I read that that cut was submitted and received an R as well....)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks