What's new

Amazon BOGO sale on BDs 1/1/08 (Deal is dead) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
if I still had the 10% off I would have picked up at least 4 more titles- including a couple Fox titles that weren't available last time.

I guess that just goes to show how spoiled I've become that I would pass up the opportunity to get discs at little more than 1/3 the msrp. That's a spectacular savings in just about any other circumstance, but it seems a little hollow after the insane bargains the last few weeks.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Don't forget the DVDSAVE5 $5 off $50 coupon if you are using the Amazon Visa. My total was $22.95 for Cast Away and Hairspray.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
They have Fox titles.. Nice!

Was so pissed about missing the last Fox BOGO a couple of weeks ago.

Picked up the first three Die Hard films and The Fly for $55 and change.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
In addition to the awesome BOGO deal, I still got my 10% discount AND the DVDSAVE5 coupon worked on the order as well. So, I got:

Die Hard
Die Hard With a Vengeance
The Terminator
Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut
Cast Away
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

All of those for a grand total of $62.88 shipped. THANK YOU, AMAZON!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Klaus

Stunt Coordinator
First three Die Hards, the two available Kubrick's and the latest Hugh/Drew slobfest for $64 and change - not bad. Thanks.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

How did you get the 10% discount? Did you order before 2008? It was my understanding that the 10% offer ended as of the New Year. When I tried to order the "BN" 10% off HD was no more.

Is there some secret to keeping the 10% discount or were you just lucky? If so, (lucky) then congrats!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

That's odd. Is it really $5 off $50? Or actually $5 off $25 (judging from your order)?

I ended up placing 4 separate orders myself to make the most use of the coupon on top of the BOGO sale since I only jumped into BD very recently. :D

_Man_

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I have no idea why some people are still getting the 10% and other's aren't, but in this case I guess I was just lucky. I ordered today at around 1 P.M. central time and all the discounts were still in place. Six Blu-Rays(mostly Fox titles) for $62.88 is the best deal I've seen in a long time. :emoji_thumbsup:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I really want to resist buying what i already own on DVD. It is so hard when you get one free!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, when they average out to around $10-11 a title I'm actually paying less for Blu-Ray discs than I did for DVDs. At those prices I'll "double dip" all day long. :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, it's certainly hard to resist the double-dip (or picking up something you might otherwise forgo) w/ these BOGO deals. :D

_Man_

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
OK, so i got The Shining paired with Bullit, which i own on DVD. Then i made another order with 2 expensive titles. I ordered Usual Suspects, and Behind Enemy Lines, and yes i own both of those on DVD. What the heck, the economy needs me.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
And I thought after the holidays my Discover card was going to get a break from Amazon. O'well... I'm in for Harry Potter 1-4.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I just can't seem to say no to these sales. I picked up Cast Away, Hairspray, Ocean's Thirteen, and Speed for $45.90. The DVDSAVE5 coupon is what pushed me over the edge. Without it, I would probably be sitting on the sidelines with Paul_Scott too. :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

I also ended up getting The Shining. Couldn't pull the trigger on The Usual Suspects to replace my SE DVD given the relatively high price -- and I get the feeling there will be a double-dip on that one a couple years from now much like w/ the DVD. :P

_Man_

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
This is a much better deal then the recent HD-DVD sale

Picked up:

Kingdom Of Heaven
The Shining
Mr & Mrs Smith
The Last Samurai
Enter The Dragon

Thanks Amazon :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks