What's new

am a new svs sub owner (1 Viewer)

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
Neither Craig nor I have ever P-O-R-T-R-A-Y-E-D (that is the word, not portrait) SVS as the GODS of bass. They make an excellent product, yes.

Alex, you might want to graduate from high school first. Therefore you can type correctly, and form gramatically correct sentences. "I am not only bash on them. I'm talking smack about you right... You are a total ignorance..." yeah!

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
Did you decide to skip the next line? I said "Seriously, I hope what I wrote didn't come across as a "bash" per se." Bashing isn't allowed and I was making a joke that I was "only bashing Ron."
Dan, I know you were just trying to rub Tom the wrong way, so just accept that I saw that and was just keeping the kharma circle going by rubbin you the wrong way,

its all good

or as Alex would say "good its all"

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, look what I've got from being away couple days...

For those that picked on my English, it's not my first language. So I would careless what you guys said... I bet not many of you can read/write 3 languages, but that's another topic...

Again, what I said be4 is my opinion and I'll stand on it. Everybody stand on their own weight. Some might be heavier than others that they need to depend others, right Mike???

As what Mike always say "Look...It's Azz..." and add " :D "

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Letz correct that (some might be sensitive on the issue of Perfect English..."

As what Mike always say "Look...It's an Azz..." and add " :D "

still wrong??? oh well...

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I guess we're all individuals.. The Forum reminds me of a ruckus room at times and not necessarily a bad thing. Tiff here and a tat there. Quit entertaining actually once a guy gets to know the different personalities.;)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

But, I'd rather do one thing - and do it very well as opposed to three things being done only half-way. ;)

Granted, I know this thread is way, way off-topic, but when someone like Alex comes in here with a "kick me" sign on his back, it's kind of hard to resist not to.

Now, let's talk about some subwoofers. :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Ok, here is a refresh then>> :)
__________________________________________________ _______

Hey guys,

Just want to say that I just finished ordering the SVS 20-39PCi model. I can't wait to hook it up to my Yamaha RXV-1400 receiver. So guys, please tell me what things I need to configure in my Yamaha receiver to get the best possible sound. If possible, can you say it in steps?

Thanks.

Neil

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator

So you've kicked me? How come I don't feel a thing? You must have kicked so high that you missed everything... I'm not afraid being criticized. It's part of the debate... There's nothing wrong w/ that. Again to me, if anyone say something bad about SVS, you guys are all touchy about it... That's how I see it. It's like you guys won't accept what I said, what make you think I will listen to what you say?

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Well you at least are reading it, cause you keep replying, this is going nowhere and a little old now yeah?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Alex, I'm a "neutral" party in this situation. By heart, I love D.I.Y. subs. I don't own a subwoofer by SVS. I'm not touchy by what people might say that is negative about SVS, because to a point, I could care less.

However, I am more concerned about people who make statements and can't back them up with facts. That is the only point I'm trying to make here.

As I said above, let's resume the talk about subwoofers. :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Steve,

In order to make a proper recommendation, you'll need to provide some details about the rest of your speakers - or, at least, provide the frequency response for those speakers.

From there, some recommendations can be made for setting up your subwoofer.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter

Mike SJ,

You have not been around here NEARLY long enough to form that opinion of me. Besides, you can't even remember that if I was trying to rub someone the wrong way it was Ron, not Tom. ;) And yeah, that's another joke. When you've been here 4yrs like I have THEN maybe you can form that kind of opinion of me. And even then, remember all you ever see of me is words on a page, not ME...

...and yeah, I need to keep that in mind about Ron and Tom too...

- Dan Hine

Gee, I did receive my 16-46PCi on last Friday (almost afraid to say it). I'm I happy?- You bet! Is there better subs out there?- Yes. Could I have made it myself?- I may have. Could I have made it in 4 days that it took to ship?-No. Would it have sounded as good?- Most likely not.
I hate to throw fuel on the fire but after following this thread I just had to. All of us on this forum spend far more energy researching to the Nth degree HT equipment to provide that nirvana level of sound than some people spend when hiring a doctor or general contractor! I bought SVS based on the hundreds of reviews AND the charts posted here and else where. Do I think SVS are the "sub gods"?- No but with so many positive reviews & now including my own, I have to give them credit on a fine product. I was surprised that the customer service feedback level was so high with direct communication to the company owners that it helped remove the negative thoughts against purchasing unheard from the net. Has SVS become a cult following?-Yes see the above reasons. Is there a lot of hype?-Yes it's human nature when you value something over others. Would I ever try making my own sub?-No, can't say I ever would. I'm I rambling and not making any sense?-I hope not...It's all a little fuzzy since that little girl tapped on the fish tank in that movie last night...
Steve

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
Dan, ive been a member since october 2001, just had to change names once.

"And even then, remember all you ever see of me is words on a page, not ME..." you mean my computer isnt talking to me?

alex, I love you man

steve nn, make lots of room, its a big sub. attacth via RCA cable. turn volume on sub 1/4 and main volume to normal listening levels. somewhere you should be able to set xover point and main speaker size. first set mains to small and xover point at 80. use this setting to get the bass semi balanced witht he mains, then fiddle around with the settings if you feel the need for tweaking. when you get it to where you want, then calibrate everything with VE,AVIA,SPL meter. then grab your significant other, thanks her for the chance to get SVS, and procede to demo lots and lots of stuff.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
steve nn, make lots of room, its a big sub. attacth via RCA cable. turn volume on sub 1/4 and main volume to normal listening levels. somewhere you should be able to set xover point and main speaker size. first set mains to small and xover point at 80. use this setting to get the bass semi balanced witht he mains, then fiddle around with the settings if you feel the need for tweaking. when you get it to where you want, then calibrate everything with VE,AVIA,SPL meter. then grab your significant other, thanks her for the chance to get SVS, and procede to demo lots and lots of stuff.
__________________________________________________ _________

Mike SJ>>

Thanks for all the info. Very nice of you to post except I have no problem calibrating. I see how you misunderstood the previous post though. steve nn knows how to calibrate:)

One question I do have is should I use a Y or should I not?:laugh:

Steve_W
Congradulations on your new sub and liked your post.:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
One question I do have is should I use a Y or should I not?

Does the SVS have an RCA in for left and right channels?

well Ive read it doesnt help and ive read it does help. Id shoot an email to SVS to make sure but if you want to figure it out, a "y" is like tops $3 so you can try it yourself.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Or you can read your owner's manual.;)

Steve, you only need to use one input, left or right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks