What's new

All-Male or All-Female movies? (1 Viewer)

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

So it's *indeed* has female role? I think it's a pretty good candidate.

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

Well, you hit the nail on the head. This film only has two talents, just like you said. (if IMDB is not mistaken :) )

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Definitely not Midway: the major shoreside subplot is Edward Albert, Jr.'s controversial romance with a Japanese-American woman, which papa Charleton Heston sees as a threat to Albert's naval career.

There were plenty of women, civilians and in uniform, at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Since Tora! Tora! Tora! tells the story of the attack from the point of view of both sides, I don't need to check the IMDB to feel certain that there are women in the film. (They dramatized a number of famous real-life incidents that happened in and around Pearl on the morning of the attack, and any number of these would have involved women.)

The Longest Day also dramatizes famous real events from the day, including several with civilians in Normandy that I know involved women. I also think women may have figured in some of the pre-invasion scenes in England.

It really isn't easy to do a whole picture, even a military one set in a war zone, without a single wife, girlfriend, or woman in a village appearing in some scene or flashback or prologue or epilogue.

Regards,

Joe

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Woman. Can't live with 'em, can't make a movie without 'em. :D

GgGRoss and RDogs were the two I first thought of, but then I thought of the woman being pulled out of her car. And aren't there women in the background of the bar scenes in GgGRoss.

For a Few Dollars More comes pretty close doesn't it?

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I thought of war movies too, especially involving submarines. All the ones I looked up had women in them somewhere!

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I believe Glengarry Glen Ross does, alas, have one female speaking part. I believe the hostess at the Chinese restaurant says "Slow tonight" to one of the male characters when he comes in. Levene, maybe.

Heck, even Carpenter's The Thing has some images of females, on the recorded game shows that the guys watch to pass the time. But admittedly that's nit-picky.

--Jefferson Morris

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

You're right. It's still all-male cast, but good nit-picky. Wonder if we're as strict as that, how many films we will got left? :)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I just thought of Hell in the Pacific, which only has Lee Marving and Toshiro Mifune as the only two characters.

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij
I think I should list all the films mentioned and no one counter for easy access.

John Boorman's Hell in the Pacific

Gus Van Sant's Gerry

(these 2 films should be ultimate 'cause I don't think you can find film with only one talent. :) )

Lord of the Flies?

Robert Aldrich's Attack!

Robert Aldrich's Emperor of the North

The Woman (1939)

Flight of the Phoenix (1965)

Ice Station Zebra

The Boys in the Band

Love! Valour! Compassion!

The Great Escape

12 Angry Men

John Carpenter's The Thing

Nice lists.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

And the waitress who starts the fight over tips.. I can't remember if she said anything, but I'm sure she poured coffee.

Here's one:

March of the Penguins ;)

OK, that out of the way..

hmm.

Eric Howell

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty sure Gerry shouldn't be on this list. I don't have the movie to confirm, and it has been four years but...

Doesn't a family (with at least one female) pick Damon up in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks