What's new

A Sneak Peek at Zulu and Khartoum (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Just finished watching KHARTOUM. WOW! This has got to be the bluray of the year. For anyone that likes widescreen epics, this presentation. is way at the top. The detail is so crisp you feel like you could walk right into the picture. Colors could not be any better. The sound is a match for the picture. Clear and robust. Thank you Twilight Time! This is a must have.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Robert Crawford said:
Man, it seems like my orders at SAE always ship out later than many here. I ordered the same three titles and they still haven't shipped out.
Same here. I checked SAE site and my order says "being processed". I wish I had the titles today.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If it's any consolation, the review copies haven't arrived either. Maybe the slight delays are a sign of robust sales. I hope so.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
so you a restore a 70mm print but don't keep the original audio stems - yeah, um, that makes perfect sense...
The 70mm Ultra Panavision print screened at Bradford a few years ago used a DTS/Datasat 5.1 track.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Which one to watch first?? Decisions, decisions! ;)

TT.jpg

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Did a quick comparison of Zulu. The TT transfer seems to have more natural grain and less waxy faces than the U.K.Colors may be a tad less saturated on TT. But both are pleasing to my untrained eyes. Will have to decide which one sounds better after supper.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
Reed Grele said:
Did a quick comparison of Zulu. The TT transfer seems to have more natural grain and less waxy faces than the U.K. Colors may be a tad less saturated on TT. But both are pleasing to my untrained eyes. Will have to decide which one sounds better after supper.
Thanks, With a DTS track the TT version should be better.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
The audio on the Twilight Time is 1000% better. I prefer the color on the UK Blu and it's hilarious seeing people try to tap dance around having said that the UK was larded with DNR when a simple look at both transfers will tell you otherwise - but they can't admit it. The detail is about the same on both, and all those "waxy" faces are still waxy on the Twilight Time because that's the make-up that was used - heavy greasepaint and in the hot sun to boot. I would not be without either disc - the UK for the color, which is completely accurate, and the Twilight Time for the great audio. The audio on the UK is AWFUL.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
My order still hasn't shipped either, but I am (im)patiently waiting as I have never seen either Zulu or Khartoum. Everyone's enthusiasm for them here has got me very excited for these blind buys.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
haineshisway said:
I prefer the color on the UK Blu and it's hilarious seeing people try to tap dance around having said that the UK was larded with DNR when a simple look at both transfers will tell you otherwise - but they can't admit it.
It's hilarious to see you starting this discussion again when most people are still waiting for their discs.When I get my version I will happily report what version I like better and why.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
DP 70 said:
Khartoum review over at BLU RAY.COM .
Those screen caps don't come anywhere close to showing how clear this picture is. Believe me, its sharp.

stevenHa

Second Unit
Is anyone else having the following problem with Zulu and Khartoum - when I look at the catalog section on both blu rays my player completely freezes at Leave Her to Heaven and I have to turn off/on the power to get it working again ? Would anyone know a fix for this ? Thanks.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
I was told by Twilight Time that this is the first time the complete original tracks have been released for the isolated score.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks