What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2006 MLB Season Discussion (1 Viewer)

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter

Precisely because of some of these reasons, I think Ichiro has a better shot at a long consecutive hitting streak than .400. The man gets too few walks and too many at bats to hit such .400, but his at bats give him a lot of chances to get hits. When Williams hit 406, he had fewer than 500 ABs, but Ichiro averages more than 650 a season.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Morgan's dislike of the Cubs has nothing to do with the fact that he played for the Reds. It does have everything to do with the fact that Sandberg played for the Cubs.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

That is one of the many reasons that I knew he hated the Cubs, but I thought it that was caused by his hatred of the Cubs, not the reverse.:frowning:

Who know, but it is clearly evident. That of and by itself should eliminate him from ever broadcasting Cubs games, but he seems to do every Cubs game that is on ESPN. I'm watching the Braves/Phillies right now, and I'm not sure who the broadcast team is, but they're doing just fine.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
The Babe takes no prisoners.

Bronson Arroyo has gone deep again!! A perfect 1.000 batting average and a shutout today so far.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, just think, he could be hitting those home runs in Boston.

Oh. Wait. Never mind.

I'm gald he's having a good start in Cincinatti; Lord knows they need pitching more than we do here. And Theo's looking pretty smart for getting some outfield depth, too.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hope the only reason he got booed was for bouncing the pitch while throwing from in front of the mound.

THAT is definitely a boo-able offense! :D

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
No scuffle just that as Morgan's career was ending Sandberg's took off. Morgan just couldn't handle all of the attention that Sandberg was getting so he went out of his way to be critical of Sandberg and the Cubs whenever he got the chance.

Heck Morgan even went so far as to skip last year's ceremony. He claims he had other obligations but most people saw through his flimsy excuse. Yep make it regularly to the ceremony but when another Second Baseman whom many consider to be your equal is inducted you manage to skip the ceremony. Want to make a bet he'll be back this year?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Patrick. As presented, that's practically the definition of bush league.

I hope David Wells got those first two innings out of his system and settles down now.

He gave up two homers, a walk (!), five singles and a double in those first two innings tonight against the Jays. Luckily, only 5 runs! :frowning:

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Not looking good for the Bostonians tonight. Wells got creamed. But atleast they signed Coco Crisp to a 3 yr 15 million dollar contract. That's reasonable for a guy like him.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
You have to ask, Where's the Grand Jury for Raffy?

We've got proof of his perjury to Congress. It wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to get an indictment for him. We don't have any proof for Bonds and we're throwing more money down the drain on this crap when you can pretty much get an indictment on any garbage thrown against the wall.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I that is not correct. The test he failed was administered AFTER he testified before Congress.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Braves pitching has been a horror story so far. Looks like Francoeur may have finally woken up though.

We're going tomorrow night. My son's little league team is going to be playing on the field before the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks