What's new

yamaha rx-v457 (1 Viewer)

Daniele

Auditioning
Hi everybody!
This is my first post, I'm a 21 y.o. from italy and I'm building my first Home Theater.

I purchased from a local store a Yamaha rx-v 457 receiver in bundle with a yamaha ns-p116 (6.1) speaker system.

I feel that the receiver needs at least two bigger front speaker, because the ns-p 116 has 6 really small satellite...

I would like to know what do you think of this receiver and what speakers you would suggest! Obviously this is a low budget entry level system...

Thank you!

Daniele

Daniele

Auditioning
Well, i've found two sony speakers that were connected to a small stereo system in my parents room, and plugged them to the yamaha. Now the whole system sounds way better and I can use them with the "B set" feature.

I would like to post a picture but I don't have 15 messages, so if you want go and see it here:

www flickr.com/photos/danieleflorio/82649961/

Thank you even if I didn't received a reply...

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hi Daniele,

Sorry no one responded – I guess everyone was hung over on January 1st! :D

Here’s your picture:

http://static.flickr.com/42/82649961_7e9dccc22f.jpg?v=0

I can see why those Sonny speakers sound way better! Those Yamaha’s are some of the dinkiest things I’ve ever seen!

You should be happy with the Yamaha – typically a well-made product, typically much more user-friendly than most HT receivers.

Still, the speakers are your weak link, you might want o upgrade them as soon as you can get some money together. And the sub, too – if your parents won’t run you out of the house. When you get ready to buy open a thread on our
Speakers and Subwoofers Forum and I’m sure you’ll get plenty or recommendations.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Daniele

Auditioning
Thank you Wayne!
Yes I'm happy with the Yamaha, the problem now is my speakers, and the old crt tv...when I'll get some money sure I'll open a thread!

Thanks,
Daniele

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks