What's new

Yamaha RX-V367 giving me "Not Available" (1 Viewer)

burritoandtaco

Auditioning
Real Name
Takao Yamada
Greetings,

I am new here and I am in need of some help. I've had a Yamaha RX-V367 for the last 2.5 years but I haven't touched it in a year. But recently I decided to turn it back on and now I am having issues configuring my speakers. I hear nothing coming out of my speakers. I used the remote that comes with the receiver to select the Setup button -> Speaker Setup and if I select any of the options in Speaker Setup, then I get the message "Not Available". This is the first time I have ever seen it. Normally it will allow me to set which of the 5 speakers to turn on or off, or run a Test Tone, or change distance or equalizer settings.

Does anyone have any idea why I am seeing this message? I don't remember changing any settings recently. I am still able to see video but the audio is non-existent. So to debug the issue I have removed all of my connections to the receiver except for one speaker and the FM antenna. I want to test to make sure I can hear the FM radio from one speaker and yet I still see this "Not Available" message.

I searched Google and couldn't find any answer in any forums or reference manuals. I have even tried doing a manufacture reset out of desperation and yet the message appears. I have yet to figure out if this is a firmware issue or hardware issue. An engineer must have implemented this message for a reason and I have no idea how to get it back to normal.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. burritoandtaco

burritoandtaco

Auditioning
Real Name
Takao Yamada
I go into the Setup Menu and go to the Speaker Setup. Within Speaker Setup, there are 5 options: configure, Test tone, equalizer, distance, and Level. All of these options give me "Not Available".

SrMephistopheles

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I realize this post is old, but seeing as there isn't a solution, I'll post what worked for me for anyone with the same problem. My Yamaha RX-V371 was giving me the same problem, "Not Available" showing for all settings. It turns out, the receiver thought that there was a jack in the "Phones" port, so instead of outputting sound to the speakers, it was going to the imaginary headphones. Thus, there were no speaker settings available.
Make sure nothing is in the headphone out port, hopefully it will fix your problem.

In my case, I have my 6.35 mm to 3.5 mm adapter sitting in the port at all times so I don't lose it. (Cats get into everything)
Turns out while moving things around it got pushed in.

~Brian

burritoandtaco

Auditioning
Real Name
Takao Yamada
Wow, Brian you just saved me another purchase of a $300+ receiver. I was about a week away of buying it too!

I also have a 6.35 to 3.5 mm adapter sitting in the port at all times so I wouldn't lose it as well! I didn't think it would make a difference having it there. In fact I have forgotten it was plugged in.

I tried everything from contacting Yamaha technical support, obviously posting on this forum, and manually firmware updating the receiver in hopes it would fix itself.

Thank you very much! If you are ever in the Boston area I owe you a few beers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks