What's new

yamaha rx-v3000 (1 Viewer)

cracker636

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin Wilson
hey guys this is my first post. i found a guy that has a yamaha v3000 for sale. i got him down to $400 but i am new to the higher end stuff. i am wondering if its worth it since there 5-6 years old. im coming from a old yamaha htr-5440. im just wondering is it a good deal for it or can i spend $100-$200 more for a new one that is better.

thanks

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
If it's 5-6 years old, I'd leave it alone and get an Onkyo TX-SR606 for $341.93 from amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR606...6770368&sr=1-1 The Onkyo has HDMI and can handle the HD audio formats found on blu ray movies. It's up to date with the newer technologies, and more future proof, than the 5-6 year old Yamaha. Just my $.02 worth.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

cracker636

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin Wilson
thanks for your reply, i was just wondering since it was really good a couple years ago if it was still better than a $500-$700 new one. i guess not.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
The built in amp MIGHT be better in the older yammy, but that is hard to say. I bought a $1500 receiver when I was in high school, and I am pretty sure a $700 receiver now would outperform it. Prices have dropped a lot. For HT, get somthing that supports the latest formats. If your looking for 2ch Cambridge makes a really nice integrated amp. Outlaw audio makes a 2ch receiver as well
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Don't forget you can always add a separate power amp later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks