What's new

Two A/V receivers working together ? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Sneed

Auditioning
Real Name
Chuck
I own two A/V receivers (1) Denon AVR-3806 and (2) Yamaha RX-V3000. I want to power my 9 Paradym Speakers with the Yamaha and allow the Denon to do the A/V processing. I have tried, unsucessfully to pair the two A/V units in my home theater system. I do not know how to make the wiring connections and set the A/V units to the correct settings to make this happen. I know enough to connect all 8 speakers to the Yamaha and connect all the various componets to the Denon,.. but I do not know how to transfer the audio signal from the Denon to the Yamaha. Can anyone help this newbee? Chuck STL

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'm pretty sure you have to think of the Denon as an external amp. So, you'd connect RCA type cables from the Denon's "Pre-Out" connections on back, to the Yamaha's 5.1/7.1 Multi-Channel analog inputs, on back of it. Not sure if there would be special settings in the Denon's menus for that output or not. Check the owner's manual under using an external amp or power source. When listening, you'd use the Multi-Channel mode for audio output, as if listening to an sacd or dvd-audio music disc. Maybe someone will be along shortly that knows more than me about this kind of connection. Good luck!

Chuck Sneed

Auditioning
Real Name
Chuck
Thank you for your expertise. I would like the Yamaha to be the "Power" and the Denon to be the processor. The Yamaha is more powerful and allows for a seventh speaker connection (rear center). I knuckle busted part of a weekend wall mounting the CR speaker,.. so I can't wait to hear it again hooked to the Yamaha. If anyone else has additional information regarding two A/V unit hook up,.. please post. Thanks again, Chuck STL

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Do the same thing I said above, but switch the Denon and Yamaha. Go from the Denon's Pre-Outs into the Yamaha's Multi-Channel analog inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks