What's new

XenForo 2 - Known Issues (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m still looking at preferences and don’t see my preference of more then 20 posts or comments etc per page.

Will we see an adjustment on that?

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
It's disappointing that Watched Threads now shows all watched threads and not just the unread ones. Small quibble but the page is way too busy for my eyes now.
It used to be that all watched threads with checkboxes was on a Manage Watched Threads page but now that's the default. There was a way to view Watched Threads and only see unread ones because I did it for years!

I always had this bookmarked:

And that showed unread Watched Threads.

And then I believe that all Watched Threads was this:

Now the former is the latter!

It is what it is. New software always adds something while taking something else away!

Is it possible to get showing unread only back on the "Watched threads" page with what's used on the "New Posts" page by placing a blue header at the top of threads table with a "Filters" drop-down menu?

https://www.questrider.com/images/htf_filters_01.png

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I might be the only one thinking this but I feel like the name of the person making a post seems really far away from the actual post.
The name is there then a bit down below that is the persons info then a blue(?) bar with some more info then finally the actual post.
When I finally start reading the post I already forgot who posted it.

:blink:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I might be the only one thinking this but I feel like the name of the person making a post seems really far away from the actual post.
The name is there then a bit down below that is the persons info then a blue(?) bar with some more info then finally the actual post.

Oh thank god, I thought that was just me losing my mind!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Agree. I’ve been thinking that the problem is not just the “distance”, but also the heavy color bars. At first glance, the deep blue with date/time info always seems like it must be the separator between posts. And then there’s the solid black bar if there’s a quote within the post. To my way of thinking and seeing things, the boldest visual thing should be the separation between posts, whereas what we have now is just a narrow light gray border that for all practical purposes gets lost in all the noise. I don’t know if I’m describing this well. Basically, to these eyes the visual balance is wrong.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Whoa! I need to clarify what I posted just above! I was on my iPad, and that's what the post reflects. I'm now on my desktop, which NEGATES everything I just said. I guess it's the mobile view that we're all talking about here? It certainly is for me. The desktop view is fine, it's what I've been used to all along. Sorry for any confusion!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My comment relates to the iPad version.
As far as I know that shouldn’t be any different then on my laptop

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

If you're talking about how it looks on the iPad, it looks no different to me than what is showing on my desktop.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
If you're talking about how it looks on the iPad, it looks no different to me than what is showing on my desktop.

Thank you. Here are screenshots from Safari on my Mac and Safari on my iPad. Two different layouts, and -- if I'm remembering correctly -- they were more or less the same in the previous version. Note especially the different use of the heavy blue bar, which is part of what I'm referring to above re the confusing post layouts.

MacBook screenshot.png

iPad screenshot.jpg

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Here's an issue that goes back to the previous version:

Let's say I start typing this post, but decide that I want to cancel it for whatever reason. There's no CANCEL button, so in the absence of one, I at least figure I should delete what's already there and back out of the page. Problem solved, right? No. When I next return to the page, even a day or so later, and start to post something else entirely, that deleted "draft" text is still there in the reply box!

I consider this a potentially dangerous situation, in case that old text should get missed before hitting "post reply". Why does this situation even exist? I'm pretty sure it doesn't on any other forum I've known. Is there something different I should be doing that I'm missing? Thanks!

EDIT: When editing, however, the CANCEL button (for canceling the edit) is right there, loud and clear. Why isn't there one when entering the original post?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Here's an issue that goes back to the previous version:

Let's say I start typing this post, but decide that I want to cancel it for whatever reason. There's no CANCEL button, so in the absence of one, I at least figure I should delete what's already there and back out of the page. Problem solved, right? No. When I next return to the page, even a day or so later, and start to post something else entirely, that deleted "draft" text is still there in the reply box!

I consider this a potentially dangerous situation, in case that old text should get missed before hitting "post reply". Why does this situation even exist? I'm pretty sure it doesn't on any other forum I've known. Is there something different I should be doing that I'm missing? Thanks!
What I've gotten into the habit of doing on abandoned posts is to fully clear the text from the edit box and also use the drafts tool toDelete draft."

Like you, I found if I didn't do both I'd return later to find that text was still in the edit box.

On other occasions I've left the thread to do something else and returned later to complete a post. In those situations I greatly appreciate that the forum keeps my original draft. There are times that it's been days later before I return to that post.

I've never looked upon this as a bug.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
What I've gotten into the habit of doing on abandoned posts is to fully clear the text from the edit box and also use the drafts tool toDelete draft."

Like you, I found if I didn't do both I'd return later to find that text was still in the edit box.

On other occasions I've left the thread to do something else and returned later to complete a post. In those situations I greatly appreciate that the forum keeps my original draft. There are times that it's been days later before I return to that post.

I've never looked upon this as a bug.

In the latter case, I'd agree it's a feature and not a bug, and I'd have no argument with that.

So where is this "drafts tool"? That's something I haven't known about. (It's probably starring right at me..!)

Thanks!

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Got it!

Started another draft and cruised the toolbar till I found it. Thank you, BobO'Link.

EDIT: So this is NOT an issue and may be disregarded.

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
To get the poster name and information back under the blue bar and to the left, you have to decrease your zoom setting, on the page you are viewing.

I get all the poster avatars bleeding into the text of the post in Internet Explorer on my Desktop, but not my laptop.

If the post starts with a quote box the avatar bleed is behind the box .

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
To get the poster name and information back under the blue bar and to the left, you have to decrease your zoom setting, on the page you are viewing.

I get all the poster avatars bleeding into the text of the post in Internet Explorer on my Desktop, but not my laptop.

If the post starts with a quote box the avatar bleed is behind the box .

To my knowledge, I've never zoomed a browser page on my iPad (except for a momentary two-finger gesture). But I certainly want to take a look. Where or how would set zoom for a particular page?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I don't have an iPad. I just know adjusting the zoom works using the browser page zoom settings on my Desktop and Laptop in both IE and Firefox.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I don't have an iPad. I just know adjusting the zoom works using the browser page zoom settings on my Desktop and Laptop in both IE and Firefox.

Right, I do that for some sites on my desktop.

As for the above issue, I can't find any evidence of a page zoom function for the browser on my iPad. I also tried turning it from portrait to landscape mode, and all that did was reveal the section off to the right. It didn't adjust anything. There's an "accessibility" setting one can enable, but mine is turned off.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but myself and several other members have noticed that the post editing window has drastically shortened with the new software. We now have less than 24 hours to edit a post, which seems much shorter than previously. Is there any way to lengthen the editing window, or was this a decision taken by the admin and is not subject to change? Thanks for any feedback on this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks