What's new

XenForo 2 - Known Issues (2 Viewers)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Is there any way to better differentiate threads with new posts from threads that have already been read? The differences right now are so subtle that I'm having trouble telling the difference.
The threads with new posts are still bolded as with the old version, but the bold text doesn't stand out as well as it did with the old software version. I agree with Adam that it's difficult to see the bold text.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I think the blue stands out just fine. So far, I like the new version of XenForo quite a bit.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
It's disappointing that Watched Threads now shows all watched threads and not just the unread ones. Small quibble but the page is way too busy for my eyes now.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's disappointing that Watched Threads now shows all watched threads and not just the unread ones. Small quibble but the page is way too busy for my eyes now.

"Watched Threads" always showed ALL of a member's watched threads, Brian. It's just that before, it was always VERY CLEAR which of the threads were unread and wich were read. The owners are working now on fixing that.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
"Watched Threads" always showed ALL of a member's watched threads, Brian. It's just that before, it was always VERY CLEAR which of the threads were unread and wich were read. The owners are working now on fixing that.

It used to be that all watched threads with checkboxes was on a Manage Watched Threads page but now that's the default. There was a way to view Watched Threads and only see unread ones because I did it for years!

I always had this bookmarked:

And that showed unread Watched Threads.

And then I believe that all Watched Threads was this:

Now the former is the latter!

It is what it is. New software always adds something while taking something else away!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It used to be that all watched threads with checkboxes was on a Manage Watched Threads page but now that's the default. There was a way to view Watched Threads and only see unread ones because I did it for years!

How do you like that?!? I never knew. I'm always amazed at how people use the same software so differently.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This morning, forum threads with new posts in them were highlighted with blue title text. Now there's nothing at all to indicate this. Threads with new posts look exactly the same as threads that have been completely read.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Forum List full view link is broken in main menu
65F0DC8C-785E-4C93-B79A-248B776D88A7.png

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
This morning, forum threads with new posts in them were highlighted with blue title text. Now there's nothing at all to indicate this. Threads with new posts look exactly the same as threads that have been completely read.
This should be fixed now. Let me know if this is better

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks