What's new

Xbox Live Beta? (2 Viewers)

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Well, we'll see. You figure that of all the people that signed up for the first survey, people will keep naturally dropping out as the process goes on. Charging $50 to participate in the beta will weed out people further.

So, we might have a good chance to get in....

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
See, the way I figure it, if you're going to spend $50 on the communicator anyway, why not sign on for the beta. You're probably going to get more games this way anyway (I'm guessing that the beta group will get to test drive Halo online first). Just think of it as a really early preorder.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
I received the second email so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Seems like they are real stringent on keeping the testing hush, hush.

Troy

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i too completed the 2nd survey, and there was definitely an emphasis on "hush, hush". I must have clicks "Accept/Agree" to like 4 or 5 different questions about "You are not a employee of microsoft or any form of competitor", etc, etc.

from the wording of the survey, and the type of questions they ask, it seems like everyone that received the 2nd survey will be able to participate in the beta test. I have to facts to base this one, but the questions in the 2nd survey didnt really ask anything at all that could help in the decision to pick you as a beta tester. It was just basically confirming that you did indeed want to beta test and were prepared to spend the 50 bucks to get started with it.

I hope thats true, i cant wait to get my xbox online with some fellow HTFers!! Good luck everyone!

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I think people need to understand something. You're not being charged $50 to enter the beta test. You're being charged $50 for the 12 month subscription service along with the voice communicator and presumably REVOLT online. Your 12 month subscription doesn't start until the beta test ends. So, technically, you're playing for free during the beta test period. Besides, who knows what freebies MS might throw a beta-tester's way down the road. Initially, it's a FEVER online only disc, but down the road, maybe a UT online disc.

Anyways, I think it's quite exciting, regardless. You get a real chance to not only test the service, but suggest improvements, etc. Count me in.

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Has anyone heard anymore after the second survey?
They said to allow 2 weeks from the date of the 2nd survey to see if you've been selected for the first round of 5000 participants. If they stay on schedule then emails should be going out tonight.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
In order to comply with the survey questions about secrecy, I will not confirm that I just got an exciting e-mail saying that I was one of a few, proud members of a cool new group!:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks