What's new

XBox and 16x9 in game (1 Viewer)

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
My XBox has never seemed to go into 16x9 mode for me and I don't know what to do. I have an old 32" Sony Trinitron. The Sony goes into different 16x9 ratios with movies on my cheap DVD player and on XBox with movies, but not with games. The XBox does seem to do different ratios than the DVD player.

I do have games that support 16x9 and I do have the HD adaptor for the XBox. I have tried the RCA cable and S-Video and it does nothing. The 5.1 surround works fine. I have set the XBox dashboard to widescreen and letter box. All widescreen does is mess up the intro screen on DOA3. The screen is actually compressed on the sides, not the top and bottom. The game still plays in 4x3. Does anybody have any suggestions. Thanks, Lowell

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Because 16x9 material on the XBox isn't "flagged" in the same way that DVDs are, you may just have to manually activate the 16x9 squeeze on your television. That's what I had to do when playing 16x9 games on my VVega, anyway.

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't realize I put this in the wrong forum, sorry. I just thought people weren't answering me. :)

So if my TV does not have a way to manually set 16x9, I am out of luck, correct?

dan fritzen

Second Unit
I assumed you needed component cable for 16:9 games but now that I am thinking of it maybe you don't never tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks