What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

X-Files help, Am I daft? (1 Viewer)

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought X-files S1-S3 the new release and just started watching disc 6 S2. Now it is mentioned that S2 had 25 episodes and disc 6 shows 5 episodes on the back cover, the last being 'ANASAZI'

My problem is that on disc 6 I can not find 'ANASAZI' anywhere.
Am I daft, or am I missing something? Where is the 25th episode?

Thanks
Roman

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm only guessing but maybe your set has an 'old' copy of Disc 6 in it. The original release of the sets had Anasazi on Disc 7 and the re-release was supposed to move that episode to Disc 6. You may want to return your set for another one and hopefully Disc 6 will have the season finale on it.

Good luck!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I heard that when FOX was dropping the "bonus" disc from season 2 for the re-release, they forgot to move Anasazi (which was on that disc) to disc 6. I don't think it's just your copy.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I spoke to Fox about this and they said there was a glitch that affected a number of copies where the old Disc 6 master was used instead of the new one that contained the Anasazi episode. They're trying to figure out what regions are affected.

Roman, do you live in Canada, or did you buy the set from a Canadian distributor?

Gord

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Every report I've seen of this problem has been with Canadian sets. So I'm not surprised that you've been nailed with it. That sucks. Hopefully you won't have too many problems getting it fixed. If you exchange it at Future Shop, I'd recommend checking the disc before leaving the store. Someone else reported that every set they had in stock was bad.

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to future shop in a few hours so I'll post how it webt when I get back.

Thanks for the replies
Roman

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
Now I am really glad I ordered the sets from Best Buy U.S.
Once I saw french on the boxes i had no desire to purchase the Canadian sets.

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back, opened 3 copies at Future Shop and another at a different store. All of them are missing the 25th episode. FS did sign my reciept that I could exchange it anytime when the issue is fixed.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Is this proble only limited to the Canadian sets? I'm preparing to buy these season sets from Best Buy here in the United States and if there are problems with the sets here in the United States I might hold off. Plus if there are problems with the US sets, does Fox plan on sending corrected disks out to consumers or what?

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
I looked around the net and yes, it's only Canadian sets. If you buy the set open it right away and see if 'ANASAZI'is listed on disc 6. The bad sets don't have it listed on the disc.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The original set's bonus disc had a 15 or so minute documentary, Chris Carter mini-interviews about select episodes (which were also on the VHS releases), some of the FX Behind The Truth spots, and a bunch of TV spots. All of it has been dropped from the re-release.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It's JUST a Canadian problem, and apparently doesn't affect all the Canadian sets. People that obtained the incorrect disc can email [email protected] to receive the correct disc.

Gord

MattHR

Screenwriter
Cue up the song from South Park: BL&U...

Seriously, this Canadian DVD problem is getting a bit old. I feel bad for my neighbors to the North.

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the email address Gord, I sent off a note to them.

Edit: It's about 16 hours later and I got an email back:

Hello,
Please provide me with an address where I can mail you a replacement. Thank you for contacting us!

Thank you,

Fox Consumer Services

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I just picked up the set's last weekend from Best Buy here in Canada and Anasazi is included so guess I got lucky.

I was dissapointed by the bilingual covers too but it turns out the french text is only on the slip cover. The box and disc covers are english only. The slip cover is the same as the box (aside from the french) so I just threw it out. Now I have english only sets. This is how bilingual packaging should be done. Good job Fox. :emoji_thumbsup: Hopefully the rest of the series follows suite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks