What's new

X-box live question (1 Viewer)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I'm going to buy an x-box for my wife and I because we enjoy playing co-op games ( Halo etc) but we have a friend with a x-box already and will eventually want to hook up and play on-line together.
Now the question is can my wife and I play on one x-box and play co-op with our friend at the same time? I am unsure if you can have two players on one console while on-line.
I really hope this makes sense :frowning:

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
It depends on the game. I haven't really looked into it but all of the online games that i've heard of can do more than one player per console. I'd be willing to bet that there are some single player only games out there too but that would be the exception.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Like Carl said, it depends on the game.

Ghost Recon is strictly one person per Xbox. MotoGP lets you splitscreen on-line. I understand that MechAssault and Unreal also allow you to do this.

-j

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
Brute Force and RTCW have a co-op feature that allows more than one xbox to participate. Whether it can be done over XB live, I do not know. But system link, I believe so.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I think most co-op enabled games need a system link, not online.
Online play you're pretty much against one another. not that a little competition is ever a bad thing:)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That's not true at all

There are tons of XBL games that support 2 players on 1 box. Mech Assault and NFL 2k3 for example

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
You're both right.

The original question was for "co-op" games. So far, the cooop games like Halo *have* needed system link. Certainly, Brute Force isn't going to change that as there's no live support announced for it.

But the more "sports"/"action" games certainly do support more than one participant playing on XBLive. For example, MotoGp allows upto 4 people on one machine racing with people from online.

JayV

Supporting Actor
You're both right ... The original question was for "co-op" games.
I beg the pardon of the esteemed gentleman from, well, wherever you live (sorry, too much CSPAN), but the question was in reference to Xbox Live co-op titles. Check out the topic title.

Not that it isn't an understandable mistake, and hardly one anyone should feel too sad about making or too happy for being right. I'm happy, for example, for entirely different reasons.

-j

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
C'mon, Jay :)

"I think most co-op enabled games need a system link, not online. "
"There are tons of XBL games that support 2 players on 1 box. "

Both those statements are "right". Unfortunately, the games Jeff lists aren't really close to the coop experience presented by Halo (the specific example referenced in the original post), are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks