What's new

New set up nearly complete - one question (1 Viewer)

Calico Silver

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig McD
Hi
Thanks for the forum, I have been lurking around and learning many new things.

For Christmas we are replacing a serviceable but unremarkable JVC dvd theater-in-a-box 5.1 system. It has done its job, but now time for retirement.

I already have purchased an entirely new set up, and most of it has been delivered: Onkyo TX-NR777 a/v receiver, and the 5.1.2 speakers include the Polk TSI compatible group: center CS10, subwoofer PSW10. Rears are Polk T15 (to save some $) plus Onkyo Atmos speakers, and for the front I have on backorder the cherry color Polk TSI 100. I paid $130 for those fronts.

Tonight I found that I could buy a pair of Polk TSI 200 for $140. They are the black finish, and I was really going for the cherry. The TSI 200 are typically $200, which is what I would have to pay for the cherry finish. I am thinking of canceling the TSI 100, and buying the 200 instead - even though they are black finish.

Can anybody confirm that the sound quality is really going to be that much better? Asthetics are important to me, but saving $60 on the 200s is a factor. If I bought those I would cancel the back order of the 100s.

Listenting to TV/movies 85%, and Spotify 15% (no gaming). Room is typical living room, about 15 x 19’. HT on long side of room, directly opposite sofa.

I struggled from the outset whether to buy the 100s or 200s, but opted for the cherry finish and the less money - but if the sound is that much better I certainly would change my mind and pay the extra $10. I welcome your input. THANKS, C

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks