What's new

WTB: Klipschorn (1 Viewer)

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a pair of reasonably priced Klipsch Klipschorns within driving distance (4-5hrs) from Montreal.

Thanks in advance...
Rob

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the heads-up... I had seen those on eBay but like you mentionned, they are quite far and at a slightly higher than average price. :frowning:

still hoping... :)
Rob

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Rob: Good luck on your search. It'll probably take a while, unless you get really lucky, but I'm certain you'll be happy as a lark if you ever obtain a pair. Waaaaay back when I started in audio, before I fell under the influence of the know-it-alls, which caused to me sell them (an action I have forever regretted), I owned a pair of Klipshorns. They are like no other speaker. Hopefully, you don't live in an apartment or condo or something similar because you will have problems if you do. The only downside to K-Horns (other than price and availability) is that they lack the deepest bass. This wasn't a problem in their heyday, but now, with home theater, you'll probably want a subwoofer. A big subwoofer!

If you even come across an extra pair, give me a buzz - you never know what I'll do, if you don't want them yourself. I am aware of people who have made a surround system out of four K-Horns and a Cornwall center speaker. Ought to be awesome.

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
I have also tried several brands of speakers over the years (no ultra $$$$ stuff though), but have always kept a soft spot for the used Heresys I bought when I was in college (and still own them). Because of them, I decided I'd like to build a heritage HT and have since added a pair of Cornwalls... but I've had no luck finding a pair of Klipschorn. Obviously shipping is a critical given their size!!!

As for the sub... the DIY forum here is what brought me to HTF in the first place... a Stryke AV15 in a matching Baltic-birch 6ft3 box. :)

Thanks for the good wishes...
Rob

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
bump

I wonder if you would have any luck by contacting one of those companies that sets up estate sales/auctions? For someone who doesn't know what they are, they probably look like an outdated pair of speakers worth about $125. I've been thinking of trying that approach here in Michigan.

I'm dkp on the Klipsch forum, by the way...

David

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
bump

I wonder if you would have any luck by contacting one of those companies that sets up estate sales/auctions? For someone who doesn't know what they are, they probably look like an outdated pair of speakers worth about $125. I've been thinking of trying that approach here in Michigan.

I'm dkp on the Klipsch forum, by the way...

David

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestions.

I haven't tried the estate sales or audio classics. Like everyone... i dream of finding a set at a garage sale for 200$ BUT... it'll probably never happen so i'm willing to pay Ebay prices if the distance is right. ;)

At Audio Classics, if prices are really for individual units they seem quite high versus Ebay and Audiogon? BTW, I've kept my eyes open on both of those, but these big beasts rarely turn up within a 6hr drive.

Size and weight is the killer with these speakers. :b

later...
Rob

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestions.

I haven't tried the estate sales or audio classics. Like everyone... i dream of finding a set at a garage sale for 200$ BUT... it'll probably never happen so i'm willing to pay Ebay prices if the distance is right. ;)

At Audio Classics, if prices are really for individual units they seem quite high versus Ebay and Audiogon? BTW, I've kept my eyes open on both of those, but these big beasts rarely turn up within a 6hr drive.

Size and weight is the killer with these speakers. :b

later...
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks