What's new

Wow! OH WHAT A LOVELY WAR! Nov 7th R1 (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
According to DVD Times Paramount is releasing a Special Edition of "Oh What A Lovely War" with commentary by Richard Attenborough and additional special features. What a surprise!!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
A good film and I am glad it is getting a release, but if Paramount can see fit to releasing a superb SE of this one, then it begs the question: What about If...? Or many other classics like Ace in the Hole?

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor

You took the words out of my mouth Gordon. Those are exactly the two films that I most want from Paramount. I can happily live without 'Oh What A Lovely War'. Still, let's hope this is a sign that Paramount might be planning to revisit their back catalogue more seriously again.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Amazon UK anounced a R2 release for Oct 31. I'm glad Paramount's also releasing this film on Nov 7th. Was rumored over two years ago.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Got a copy 2 days ago and only managed to watch part of it. What I did see looks pretty good. Also went through some of the special features. Attenborough was being interviewed and his reflections on the film were very interesting - I'll have to finish them soon. All I can say so far is that this is one off the wall movie - in a fascinating sort of way.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Just finished watching the DVD. The picture looks great - as if it was filmed yesterday and not in 1968.

The Film is great! I really love this movie. I found it hard to get through the first 15 minutes the first time I saw this film (years ago), but once I did I fell in love with it - it is so different. I've seen it many times since (taped off of Bravo)

The Documentary is very good with many of the actors who appeared in the film speaking about it. I haven't listened to the commentary yet but the docs were interesting and informative.

Would have like to have the trailer, but Thank You Paramount for releasing this wonderful but little seen film. (By the way the film won the best Foreign English Lanuage film at the Golden Globes in 1969.)

at $9.99 it is a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks