What's new

Would you rather see new shows or older ones released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

People may get insulted by this, but the truth hurts. This is what has happened - even to the point where wholesome stuff is now considered "not real", and old shows are meant to be spoofed, such as with THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE. It's now supposed to be funny and 'not real' when a guy wanted to take a girl out "for a soda" instead of just going forward and knocking her up. The movie PLEASANTVILLE was the biggest disgrace of all -- with the notion that everyone from the '50s wasn't a real person and only became "happy and fulfilled" when they became "free-spirited" and modern wildcats who gave way to every whim. Younger people today have absolutely been conditioned in the recent times they grew up in to think that depravity and degradation = "real". Anything more positive or striving for the positive or being wholesome or a family unit is "wearing rose colored glasses". They also think eating supper together with the family is funny as hell.

lambertjr

Auditioning
Real Name
Lambert
I'm in the older shows boat.
Seeing the new ones is good from time to time but I wish they would put more energy into the older shows.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Joe, although I'm not going to continue debating/arguing with those that would defend the modern show releases, I do need to say "Thanks!" That was an incredible post that hit numerous nails on the head. You're spot on with all the observations you made. You mentioned "PLEASANTVILLE." It was a disgrace. And I know you and I aren't the only ones who feel that way.

But anyhow, thanks again for a great post that got to the heart of the issues!

Gary "if I thought it would make any difference, I'd keep posting my thoughts on this issue - but I just feel like we are at an impasse with our 'modern tv show' friends and there's not a whole lot left to say" O.

P.S. Keep up the good work!

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

Maybe if we had more public stonings like in certain parts of the world, we'd have less of these things ruining our country. And public stonings make for great TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks