What's new
World Wide Stereo

would love advice on DIY speaker (not sub) kits... (1 Viewer)

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
hello all...I would much appreciate any advice you all may have on a nice, RELATIVELY INEXPENSIVE speaker kits...I would love to get the Adire KIT281's, but almost 200$ apiece (not including cabinets!) is definitely way too high for me at this stage (I'm sure they are worth ever penny, don't get me wrong)...something closer to 100$ per speaker is much more doable for me when I decide to take the plunge...
cabinets do NOT have to be included...will build w/ MDF
I DO need ALL other parts (driver(s), crossovers, binding posts, etc.)

also, the sound has gotta really beat what i already have (Fluance SX-HTB's - shouldn't be too tough)

sub to come later (or maybe before, who knows :) )

thanks in advance!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
If you want towers in that price range then I think you need to check out the Sound Clearing House.

http://www.speakerpage.com/K08T23.htm

They have great bass performance and great midrange for an 8" woofer. The tweeter could stand to be a little better, but for $180/pr. they're quite nice speakers.

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the RC2 from selahaudio.com. I have 3 across the front and love them. Very good speaker for the money.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Aaron,

Whoops! How'd I do that?!:) I fixed the link now!:) Anyway, I am only allowed to play the one that was on the left!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks