What's new

WORST films of 2011 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Michael Elliott said:
BRIDESMAIDS won't be at the bottom of my list but it will be #1 on the WTF list. I still don't know what people saw in the movie. A decent time killer but I didn't laugh, which isn't good in a comedy.
I loved Bridesmaids but the talk of it winning a Golden Globe or getting an Oscar nomination is way beyond me.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Aaron Silverman said:
Wow, I've actually seen a few of those! (Didn't Valentine's Day come out in 2010? At any rate, it got me to miss the sequel.) The Dilemma -- More of a drama than a comedy, really. It was OK. Hall Pass -- Standard Farrelly Bros. fare. It was OK. No Strings Attached -- I found it kind of harmless; nothing special. In other words, it was OK. Detect a trend? :) I will say that the most overrated movie of the year had to be Bridesmaids. It was funny, but also too long, and the story was lame (which wasn't helped by a fairly unlikeable protagonist). A film not yet mentioned. . .Battle: Los Angeles was pretty stupid.
Best two scenes are the jacuzzi and the girl sitting on the edge of the tub and sneezes scenes. Crack me up every time, the rest of the movie... blah.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Red Riding Hood was pretty bad, but Beastly was fucking horrible. An asshole popular kid gets hexed into becoming an asshole shut in while Doogie Hauser... ah fuck it, it's bloody awful in every way even if you don't add on it's horrible message at the end.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Brian L mentioned Final Destination 5, what a waste, just capitalizing on the previous films to make some money. Worst of the series I'v seen. Even the gore factor, which is the best part of these films was almost PG rated, hardly the violent R versions we're used to. Also agree with Ryett_Y, Battle Los Angeles was a omplete waste of my time, could have slept through most of it.. Unless I missed it, was Mars Needs Moms mentioned. From the latest new it is now the biggest financial bomb in history ever put out by Hollywood. Glad it was Disney, they are so full of themselves and think everything they does turns to gold.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I try to avoid the more obvious stinkers (Season of the Witch, Beastly, Conan, etc.). Of the films mentioned here I did see Green Hornet, Green Lantern, The Rite, Battle: Los Angeles, and The Immortals. All bad (or at least completely forgettable) for sure. But the single worst movie of last year that I actually sat through was The Iron Lady. No contest.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I finally saw Green Lantern. I actually enjoyed it, although to be fair, my expectations were pretty low.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hmm... Battle LA was insipid patriotic gulf war justification dreck masquerading as Sci-fi action fare. The Rite........how the hell do you make a movie about exorcism with ANTHONY HOPKINS as
the "surprise" possessed person
and have the final exorcism be that boring? ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR GODS SAKE! Arthur Meh, Russell Brand has his charms...I suppose...but after 5 min. of watching his bad Dudley Moore impersonation I knew it was a dudd. And speaking of impersonations, if you can't get Zooey Deschanel to have no chemistry with Brand then getting a girl to do a bad impersonation of Zooey Deschanel exhibiting no chemistry with Brand isn't going to help either. There are SO many more but I'm tired. :P

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I dunno Arron....replacing the Taliban with "Aliens" seems pretty lacking in depth to me. LOL ;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
While I didn't see it as one of the worst films of 2011 - (to be honest, I haven't actually seen that many new films this year or in the last 3 years...been in survival mode since 2008 and not much has appealed to me lately anyway) : Cowboy's and Aliens seemed at first to be just odd enough to be cool in the hands of Jon Favreau, but after the 30 min. mark I started to see a film that couldn't pull it's intentionally disparate pieces together to even be a "charming" original and entertaining oddball hybrid...instead it was just plugging away at the cliches inherent in all it's separate parts fairly clumsily. Worst offense? Boring Aliens....I mean at the very least you would think they could have come up with something interesting but these guys were as interesting as Scooby Doo monsters. Cherry on top..same damn ending as in all Alien invasion/action films, blow "it and or them" up. It's pathetic that they spend THAT much money and couldn't at least inject some fun into the proceedings....very disappointing.

filthybass

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackson James
I actually didnt think Your Highness was so bad! I got a couple good laughs here and there. I love Justin Timberlake but any movie with him makes me cringe....Jessica Alba too. Both make great eye candy but i'd rather have it on mute than to actually hear them talking. The only movie I thought Justin Timberlake was decent in was Alpha Dogs i think? Something like that.. where they kidnap that little boy... Other than that, they all really make me feel quesy. Bad Teacher was horrific. Cameron Diaz was horrible in that too.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by mattCR

I know, we always talk about the best, but here are some of my worst. Not necessarily in order.

1. Your Highness - One of the worst films I've ever been convinced to watch. Bad. Real bad.

2. Just Go For It - Adam Sandler might have a worse film with Jack & Jill, but this was so bad it made me skip that one.

3. Season of the Witch - blew it's advertising budget with commercials during the super bowl. It needed all the help it could get because wow..

4. The Dilemma - One of the most mean spirited unfunny films I've seen marketted as a comedy(?) I have no idea what this was and my commentary in the review and discussion threads lay that out.

5. Rubber- Whoever convinced me to rent a film about a TIRE with psychic powers that kills people... this could have been oddly funny. Except it wasn't.

6. What's Your Number. Maybe one of the most offensive concepts I've seen come about in a while, in which Anna Farris plays a dingbat who regrets having slept with 20 men, and thinks that's the key why she's unhappy. Instead of going for something original, it goes completely paint by numbers and is HORRIFICALLY unentertaining.

7. Hall Pass - Um, no.

8. Sucker Punch - totally nonsensical gibberish. The effects were also not very good (IMHO)

9. Green Hornet - I think this came out in 2011. Worst comic book movie of the year (BY FAR)

10. No Strings Attached - Natalie Portman goes from a great role last year to two horrible choices this year.

Films I won't include because I had sense enough not to watch: Jack & Jill, New Years Eve, Valentine's Day, Human Centipede 2, Aurthur, Sanctum, Final Destination 5

What's Your Number was meh, but I have to disagree with some of your choices. I enjoyed No Strings Attached, despite not being an Adam Sandler fan I enjoyed Just Go For It, and Your Highness while not being what I had hoped for nor the sum of its parts didn't take itself seriously and wasn't worse than Rubber. I'll have to think about what my lemons were this year...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks