What's new

Wonder Woman Soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Not yet because La La Land Records, the official label for this won't make it available for order on their site until next week.

The only downer for me is that the pilot film is the only score chosen from the ABC World War II episodes and for me that is the only part of the show's run that still holds up from a rewatch factor for me. The World War 2 episodes have true comic book trappings and a sense of period fun. The contemporary episodes for me are just dull and tedious by comparison.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I'm wondering which of those tracks is what plays every time we see Wonder Woman piloting her invisible jet.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
As far as super-hero scores go, I'd much rather have seen a set containing all the music from CBS's 1970s Spider-Man series. Even though the run had three different composers, pretty much all the music seemed to "fit" the character of Spidey nicely.

I will say, though, that I preferred Stu Philips theme tune above those of Johnnie Spence (pilot) and Dana Kaproff (season two).

Granted, the rights, who has the masters, etc. is, I'm sure, a big roadblock to Spider-Man, but I still felt it needed to be said! I recall that Stu Phillips has said that he personally doesn't even have recorded copies of his music for the show, apart from the theme tune.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Not yet because La La Land Records, the official label for this won't make it available for order on their site until next week.

The only downer for me is that the pilot film is the only score chosen from the ABC World War II episodes and for me that is the only part of the show's run that still holds up from a rewatch factor for me. The World War 2 episodes have true comic book trappings and a sense of period fun. The contemporary episodes for me are just dull and tedious by comparison.
110% agreed. You hit the nail on the head with the "dull" reference.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

I'm just the opposite. I find the WWII episodes (at least most of them) to be dull and tedious. Every week it was the same villains, the Nazis. That and the first season contained the worst episode of the entire series. The one with the ape Gargantuan. There are a hand full of season one episodes that are my absolute favorites. The pilot episode, The Feminum Mystique, Judgement From Outer Space and Wonder Woman In Hollywood I rate as some of the very best episodes in the entire series. What makes seasons 2 and 3 better for me is that Lynda Carter really evolved as an actress. She came to embody the character so much more in the later seasons. In season 1 she seemed a bit more wooden. Yes, by the end of the season, she had pretty much became Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. I just think her performances in seasons 2 and 3 were more honest and sincere. Plus, I just loved her huge 70s glasses.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
By no means would I defend the plots they came up with for the WW2 episodes. I do agree that they should have broadened beyond the Nazis every week, but it's quite clear that 1970s political correctness is the reason why we didn't see Wonder Woman take on the Japanese (indeed notice how the faux newsreel that opens the pilot episode goes out if its way to avoid saying the name "Japan"). Still, even weak episodes managed to remain fun in a comic book way (and even the Gargantua episode gave us the bonus of seeing Gretchen Corbett in the costume!) and also stayed true to the WW mythos.

That however can not be said of the contemporary episodes. First off, the "Steve Trevor, Jr." conceit unintentionally lent a creepy undercurrent that put a halt to any idea that WW and Steve could develop the kind of underlying romantic chemistry that was so much a part of the WW2 episodes.

Next problem was that they phased out the entire Paradise Island mythos of WW to the point where by the end of the run the show was just all about Diana Prince, secret agent who twice an episode did a costume change to move things along (much in the same way that "Incredible Hulk" just gave us two requisite Hulk-out moments to move things along). Diana had become too glamorous to the point where it was ludicrous to think anyone couldn't make the connection between her and WW.

Another problem that I blame on the time the contemporary shows were made is that in the post-Watergate era it seemed like ANY show that involved a character working for a government intelligence agency group was inevitably going to be dealing less with foreign threats to America and more with crooked figures INSIDE the government. You can see this in "Six Million Dollar Man" and "Bionic Woman" and these kind of stories I have to be honest reflect a 70s tone of writing that hasn't worn well with me. If a character works for a government intelligence group then the chief foe should be enemies foreign, not domestic.

I wouldn't disagree that Lynda Carter became a better actress and I also think the revised costume looks better, but the chief problem for me are the stories and the overall premise. I'm glad frankly we didn't get to see a full season of the new template that was set up in the last episode filmed with the relocation to LA and the annoying Gary Coleman clone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks