What's new

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Mad Max Fury Road! (1 Viewer)

GACrabill

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
The ideal Atmos setup for me (besides owning a Denon X5200W) would require finding a second sub to match my current sub, and then finding two more 'used but in great condition' speakers that match the 7 that I have now. This would not be an easy task, but it would definitely be a noticeable leap in performance for my HT.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I desperately want to move the hardware out of my theatre room -- in my last home, it was all on racks outside the door, so inside was clean and beautiful and uncluttered. Unfortunately, because the majority of my gear is older, none of it is "smart" enough to be run without a human's hand nearby, and my current home has nowhere to stash the gear that's within a couple of steps. Ideally, an amplifier this smart would allow me to hide all of the gear relatively far from the theatre room itself, because I won't have to get my hands onto it very often. That would be a gigantic upgrade, though not half as big an upgrade as moving to Atmos.

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
A better room would be first on my wishlist, and then some added speakers. A second sub would be nice too. Winning a receiver would be an awesome start though.

James^Dew

Auditioning
Better speakers would be my ideal start. But good speakers coat food money. So a top od the line reciever can not diz rhings but can help make it a little better.

carlito71

Auditioning
I would love to have the chance to upgrade my current 5.1 system. I can't think of a better receiver to do that upgrade with than the Denon Dolby Atmos X5200 receiver. Being on a limited budget, the only way that I would be able to upgrade to such an incredible receiver, is by winning one in this contest. It would be great to experience all this receiver is capable of, first hand. If you are going to dream, you might as well dream big.

Tearedrop

Auditioning
Real Name
JT
7.1 ===> 9.1.2 :)

Welp. Time to divorce my ragged and worn 7.1 for a younger, more vibrant audio experience. Heck, I'd even adopt her two Dolby Atmos enabled speakers if it meant 24/7 on-demand aural pleasures. A bold but commendable act to round out the current front, center, surround, side and subwoofer setup. Sorry neighbors, but if the house is rockin'...don't bother knockin'!

ctgottapee

Auditioning
Real Name
Chad
My ideal setup would be to recreate Mann's theater or similar. For now I'll accept this Denon upgrade to try out Atmos, and hunt for some ATMOS speakers to round out the system.

Jpgbiz

Auditioning
Real Name
John
The ideal theater would be a complete neural interface directly to the cerebral cortex that actually puts you there
"Matrix-style." Until then, an Atmos retrofit with speakers in the ceiling as opposed to those that reflect.

Brian-Mu

Auditioning
Right now, my ideal atmos setup would be whatever is in my room! Of course, it woutd have to start with a great receiver like the Denon X5200 then set up 4 in ceiling speakers!

Mike Farrington

Auditioning
I have wanted to upgrade my receiver but I also recently retired. Therefore money is a little tight and this new Denon X5200W receiver would solve all my problems.

Boss Hogg

Grip
Real Name
John
I have a Denon AVR now that has served me well for years, but it is time to upgrade...I am retired and on a fixed income that doesn't allow me much extra cash...this would be great

djc11369

Agent
Real Name
Darrin
8th times a charm? My odds have got to be getting better right? Sure would like to win this, my ceiling speakers are in place and waiting to shine. So excited to hear Atmos for the first time. Ideally I'd like to go 7.1.4 but from what I'm seeing currently for receiver pricing it's going to be awhile, unless I win something like this, then I could pick up a 2 channel amp.

David Sal

Stunt Coordinator
Dolby Atmos with 7.1.2 and 9 identical sattellites. In my small theater Atmos will open up the space to bring the full force of today's modern soundtracks. Thanks for the opportunity.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
My ideal setup would be to add Dolby Atmos capability to current room. And a new display, and new speakers, and a couple new subs, and room treatments... Seriously though, this receiver AVR would be great. Thanks to HTF for doing these contests.

koopmjm1

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Koopman
Of course I would start with the Denon X5200W then get my ceiling speakers installed, and fire up a Dolby Atmos BluRay. Then I would sit back and enjoy the sound!!

KevinGS

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I am definitely in need of a new receiver. My 1999 Denon AVR 1800 still works great but the connectivity is just not there. I have 7.1 so I would get another sub and two more speakers and I'll have 9.2. thanks home theater forum

Real Name
Thomas Roberts
My dream setup would be this receiver, paired with some GoldenEar speakers. 5 surround speakers and 4 in-ceiling speakers and I would be very happy. Although, my wife wouldn't be too happy because she would never see me. Id be watching movies for a week straight!

Jbug

Agent
Real Name
June
My ideal home theater would be one with a great picture, sound and seating. I would also like a game room outside of the home theater.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'd love to experience a full throttle home theater set up that this receiver would offer. Might even ask Santa for some newer speakers if I end up with this great new receiver!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks