What's new

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisrose98

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Rose
My ideal Atmos setup would be this Denon receiver and some Definitive Technology A60's so I would not have to deal with running wires under the 2nd floor ceiling.

natman

Auditioning
Real Name
Nat
I've been thinking of getting a HDMI switching receiver (my trusty JVC is old enough to use S-video), so the timing would be perfect. I'd add some A/D/S wall speakers to the ceiling and go to town.

hydrata

Auditioning
Real Name
William
I've had a bare bones budget system for years now, so having a receiver that provides a huge upgrade would be amazing. I would need to learn a lot about the features of the Atmos, but with the help of this forum, I know I would be able to create something ideal that would be an incredible experience due to how much of an upgrade it would be for me.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My ideal Atmos setup would start with this receiver. It would give me a PERFECT excuse to spend thousands of dollars upgrading everything ELSE in my home theater. ;)

Mike LaBorde

Auditioning
My ideal setup would just give me the sense of being there when I watch a movie or listen to music. The four ceiling-mounted speakers would just complete the experience.

stevedaniels

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Daniels
I've been working on my garage/DIY sensory room/man cave/home theatre since the start of the year however my 18 month old daughter and 6 month son have been keeping me busy. This space is evolving to house my ideal setup. I'm slowly building up the speaker savings pot to buy some tidy Monitor Audio speakers.. it'll be a while! A nice 42" TV and projector combo for alternate uses should be amazing. An idea is to hook up the sensory leds I've strung up for my son to Hyperion (a DIY Ambilight clone) so that he can enjoy whole room colour shows synced up to his favorite of the moment tv/films.

A guy can but dream!

JohnThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Thompson
Ideally, it would be with this Denon receiver, add some in-ceiling speakers to my existing B&W 5.1 setup and use the money I just saved from buying a receiver to add a 4K flatscreen.

Fraydog07

Grip
Real Name
Zach Fraley
my ideal atmos system would be one that i would share with my friends and family! it would start with this awesome receiver and build up from there! Cant wait to hear the full sound from everywhere! Thanks for the opportunity! Hope i win!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
ideal Atmos home theater setup?

One I got for free via the Internet! But seriously, anything that adds to the immersion of the audio experience is important to me. Looking forward to seeing how atmos translates into the home.

Makkkk

Auditioning
Real Name
marshall
I would definitely like to connect this Denon to a Golden Ears speaker setup with 2 SVS 13 inchers!

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I have been excited ever since Atmos was first announced, because the room I use for my HT already has ceiling speakers, the house came with them. The speakers themselves, unfortunately, are hideous, but the point is, the wiring is already there making it easy when I upgrade them. I have been a fan of surround sound ever since I built my first Hafler circuit back in about 1985. I used a bonus I received at work to buy my first Dolby Pro-Logic receiver in 1987 (a rock solid Pioneer model). I also have a Denon reel-to-reel tape machine that made me a fan of the brand, so having this new equipment from Denon would be like welcoming an old friend.

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
I am setting up a new HT (downsizing) in a new home. So a new Atmos receiver would be a great way to start the process. I have access to the the ceiling through the attic so adding the ceiling speakers would be a relatively easy process. Then sit down with Insurgent and let er rip.

RaginCajun92

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
Not sure about the specs and models of what I would want but if money was no object I would just opt for the most expensive rig and I would certainly go for a professional install for once in my life instead of my amateur jerri-rigging!

BelowAverageJoe

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
Having experienced Atmos at AMC, Best Buy Magnolia, CES 2015 Vegas, Deluxe Audio....the ideal setup would be at home. Period. My wife is convinced Atmos puts the awe in awesome but I can not put the $$$ in the receiver and speakers without this contest (and her consent..which will be a lot easier to get if i win this receiver)

Having the comforts of your own home, pausing a movie take a bathroom break, dinner and a movie nights, ultra sharp images projected on the big screen, and being able to view a movie as many times as you want make home the ideal place for Atmos.

This receiver will give me a legitimate excuse to purchase four more speakers and get rid of some more dry ceiling in the basement. Denon please help me win this battle...

PS: An RV outfitted with Dolby Atmos would be nice too. Demo that at a future trade show Dolby/Denon?

MikeKloss

Auditioning
I've got a Denon now, AVR-2802. I'd like to plug this x5200 in and 1) experience the upgrade in quality and features, as well as 2) simplify my wiring by about 2000%. It's a mess back there.

azeast

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Being a big fan of Denon Receivers, they've been the foundation of our A/V setup for over 20 years. we currently own the Denon AVR-1913 and AVR-1712. Should we be the lucky winner of the Denon X5200, it would replace the former and be paired with a 4K Vizio television, Polk audio towers, center channel and bookshelf speakers as well as some new surround sound speakers. We'd also be the proud to show off to our friends and neighbors when hosting get-togethers. Thank you.

SoundDoc

Grip
Real Name
John Franks
My Atmos home theater would be built around the following: Replace existing Denon AVR. Replace current speakers with a new Definitive Technology set of Atmos speakers in a 5.1.4 arrangement with the front and rear Atmos speakers mounted on top of the DF fronts and surrounds relying on ceiling reflections for effect. I'd keep my 110" screen, upgrade my projector to be 4k compatible, and then sit back and watch Insurgent at performance reference levels.

ScottyG

Auditioning
My ideal Dolby Atmos home theater would be this Denon X5200w receiver to replace my aging Yamaha RX-V1800 with a full 5.1.4 Atmos setup. I'd love to replace my Polk bookshelf mains/surrounds with Polk TSi 400s for the mains, a Polk TSx 250c for the center and Polk TSi200s for the rear channels. For the ceiling, I'd love to put some Polk 900 LS in the x.x.4 spots to fill in the overhead sound cocoon. I've got a number of Atmos Blu-rays waiting and ready, but can't wait for powerhouses like Mad Max and San Andreas! I finally have the room for this type of theater - now I just need the equipment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks